1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SRF 1.1.1

Default Getting out of Download mode?

Like a jackass, I was playing with the phone, booted it in download mode, and am unable to get out. I wasn't intending to go through any loading procedures (yes, jackass...) but now I'm concerned with what might happen if I just pulled the battery. Would someone please give me an idea if pulling the battery is safe, or if there's a way to shut the phone down without hooking it up to the computer at this time. Thanks...

I've pulled the battery to get out of download mode before without any problems (usually after I screwed up using Odin).
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Like ragnarokx said - battery pull. Its the only way I know how to (If there is a prefered way, somebody please let me know). No problems so far

Quote Originally Posted by mjbelknap View Post
    Like a jackass, I was playing with the phone, booted it in download mode, and am unable to get out. I wasn't intending to go through any loading procedures (yes, jackass...) but now I'm concerned with what might happen if I just pulled the battery. Would someone please give me an idea if pulling the battery is safe, or if there's a way to shut the phone down without hooking it up to the computer at this time. Thanks...

I just did the same thing. I wanted to be sure I could get into Download Mode before I ever tried any new ROMs. I was assuming that there would be something appear to give me an option of what I wanted to do next but it just loaded my Drivers,found the phone and then just stopped showing the Droid Shoveling,saying "Download.." and the warning not to Turn off Target. Is this what suppose to happen what if I indeed needed to use Download Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
    Is this what suppose to happen what if I indeed needed to use Download Mode?
    Yes that is it.... Little Android guy shoveling.... If your using Odin it would take over from there..

Otherwise pull the battery as stated by Ragnarokx and others before..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes that is it.... Little Android guy shoveling.... If your using Odin it would take over from there..

Otherwise pull the battery as stated by Ragnarokx and others before..

I glad to see I am not the only one to have done this. What exactly is "odin" is it a program I need to have installed on my Computer that would take over my phone for things I need to do?

Thanks from a newbie

I glad to see I am not the only one to have done this. What exactly is "odin" is it a program I need to have installed on my Computer that would take over my phone for things I need to do?

Thanks from a newbie
    its a program on your pc, dont believe it has to be installed just a exe file that when your phone is in download mode connected it knows what to do pending you have the right files in the right spots. all tutorials will tell you what goes where

Thanks. I have downloaded a .exe file that when I run it it starts "Odin3 Downloader". Does this need to do be running already on the computer before I plug in my phone an go into Download Mode n the phone or can I start if afterward or does it matter?

Tanks

Thanks. I have downloaded a .exe file that when I run it it starts "Odin3 Downloader". Does this need to do be running already on the computer before I plug in my phone an go into Download Mode n the phone or can I start if afterward or does it matter?

Tanks
    You put your phone in download mode first by pressing 1 on your keyboard when starting the phone. Once you get to the "download mode" then you start up Odin on your PC and connect your phone via USB and Odin will take over from there providing you have the Samsung drivers installed and it recognizes your phone.

Note: Use the stock USB cable that came with your phone or Odin will mostlikely not recognize the phone, also you may have to try different USB ports.

Any further information concerning the use of Odin and other programs check the Epic 4G ROMs/Hacks section on the forums.

Thanks for all the info. Concerning the USB Cable,I purchased a Samsung Charger kit that has Car Adapter,AC Plug and New Cable. This Cable is noticeably thicker and heavier than the one that came with the Phone, I will try this one when I do decide to Flash. At present time I am using a Top USB port on my computer case and the Computer does recognize the Phone this way but if I have problems I'll try one on back of the Computer.

Thanks for all the info. Concerning the USB Cable,I purchased a Samsung Charger kit that has Car Adapter,AC Plug and New Cable. This Cable is noticeably thicker and heavier than the one that came with the Phone, I will try this one when I do decide to Flash. At present time I am using a Top USB port on my computer case and the Computer does recognize the Phone this way but if I have problems I'll try one on back of the Computer.
    Sounds good.. Yes you may have to try different ports. I can use the front ports on my laptop for syncing my phone but when it comes to Odin it only works on the back USB ports... Why? Who knows...

Default Re: Getting out of Download mode?

I am really scare for my phone because i have odin3 with the right files... but while i put start and it was doing its thing my battery fell out... now all that shows up on my screen is a cell phone connecting to a computer with a warning sign in the middle... what do i do to get out of this ?? i really need help