Loose camera button on Epic?

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Epic last week and completely loving it! I was wondering though, does anyone else have a loose camera button? I've noticed that mine sticks out just a little bit more than the rest of the buttons, making it easier to press accidentally.

I still need to press it deliberately to actually activate the camera, but kind of annoying. Is anyone else having this issue, and do you think it's worth replacing the phone over this one thing?.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
no i never notice this on my phone, however i have noticed that you have to push the camera button extremely hard to activate the camera... nothing i figure i need to take back and get a new one over. but your choice, take it in to the store and compare it to the display models and see if its just your mind playin a trick on you

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The phone is fine. It is actually two buttons. That is why you have to push it in harder. When the camera is on if you do a soft press it focuses the camera. There is nothing wrong !!!! My BB works the same also....

hank1199

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Epic last week and completely loving it! I was wondering though, does anyone else have a loose camera button? I've noticed that mine sticks out just a little bit more than the rest of the buttons, making it easier to press accidentally.

I still need to press it deliberately to actually activate the camera, but kind of annoying. Is anyone else having this issue, and do you think it's worth replacing the phone over this one thing?.

I notice today that my camera button is a little loose comparing to the power button and volume buttons which are tight. It seems that the camera button leans lower on one side instead of it being even. Has any one else notice this difference in the buttons?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats because of the light press to focus- many pocket camera shutter buttons are like this as well- but you don't notice because you hold the camera so the button lays flat anyway. Since you hold a phone so the "loose" button is on the side...hey physics is fun isn't it?

Nothing is wrong- go try the camera button on the OG Droid... same wobbly button!... please move along- nothing to worry about.

hank1199

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thats because of the light press to focus- many pocket camera shutter buttons are like this as well- but you don't notice because you hold the camera so the button lays flat anyway. Since you hold a phone so the "loose" button is on the side...hey physics is fun isn't it?

Nothing is wrong- go try the camera button on the OG Droid... same wobbly button!... please move along- nothing to worry about.

Brondonc, so this is a common trait with cellphones with shutter buttons, huh. Well should be receiving a phone from customer service soon because of an audio issue, sound output from both headphones and speaker. I will see how this epic will turn out to be.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Brondonc, so this is a common trait with cellphones with shutter buttons, huh. Well should be receiving a phone from customer service soon because of an audio issue, sound output from both headphones and speaker. I will see how this epic will turn out to be.

You might not have owned a more recent phone with newer a camera/focus button. If you press once soft and hold, it focuses the cam, press harder and it takes a pic, Even my 'point and shoot' digital cameral works the same way.. This is a NON issue.. EVERY phone I have have held that has the DUAL shutter/focus button is like that.. Even all my Blackberrys... You have to understand that it is kind of like two buttons in one so it has to be loose and protude a little bit more..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12