Wallpapers Stretched Out

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a small gripe with my Epic, and I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not.

Whenever I find a wallpaper that I like online, I'll download it and set it as my wallpaper. The original dimensions of the wallpaper are 960x800, specifically designed for the Epic. The crop box shows up and I stretch it out to accommodate the whole image.

When I go back to the home screen and look at my wallpaper, it looks stretched out, and not like how it looked when I originally downloaded it. I can only compare it to a Windows desktop wallpaper, the difference between setting it centered and setting it stretched. I want the wallpaper set to "centered," but it automatically sets itself to "stretched." It makes the image look zoomed in, which unfortunately, takes away from the attractiveness of the wallpaper for me. I like it from a distance, not up close.

I'm running Launcher Pro Plus, and I've tried enabling and disabling the wallpaper scrolling, and it still looks the same.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a fix?

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
nope, only when your trying to take a picture from the net and set it as your wallpaper even from sources that say they will fit as a wallpaper, they look blurry and stretched

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Seems to be some sort of bug/limitation within Android, but hopefully Gingerbread has fixed this. I don't think there really is a viable solution to this right now. The only thing I suggest is try finding pictures larger than 960x800 -- that makes it a little less obvious.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
or you can also try the apps that provide wallpapers and hopefully you find something in one of those sections that you could choose from

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
or you can also try the apps that provide wallpapers and hopefully you find something in one of those sections that you could choose from

Just have to be careful with battery drain with these, I've experienced it a lot in the past with some of them. Thankfully a few of them now also let you save the images within the app to your SD card.

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I use cropwallpaper from the market. Not sure if it works for downloading pics from the Internet. I use it for cropping the wallpaper from the pics I take with my camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz