Laptop.com Smartphone Survey - Palm Pre is beating Epic?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
That's a joke. Pre fanboys rig these type of contests all the time. I know a family with three pre's 1 you have to bang to get the touch screen to work, the other randomly reboots and the 3rd is issue free... probably because it isn't used much. Plus consumer reports just published a cell phone guide saying the epic is #1 on Sprint AND they recommend it. In similar situation, the iphone 4 is #1 on ATT, but they still don't recommend it, they recommend the captivate instead. Sure consumer reports is biased, but they at least give valid reasons for what they recommend and what they don't.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what the pre community does best, rig polls to try to justify that crappy phone...when everyone knows by sales alone that its a crappy phone. Even Fox news is telling you to give it back if you receive it as a gift for christmas...that's bad. Other than bad reviews polls are the only time this phone is mention anywhere.

Last edited:

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So voting for your favorite phone makes you a fanboy? Strange...

The Webos community is organized and not spread across 50 different websites so that's how it is

Last edited:

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So voting for your favorite phone makes you a fanboy? Strange...

I'm not calling anyone a fanboy I just know by my own experience when I had a pre six months ago, I would vote hundreds of times just so the pre won even though I knew it was a crappy phone.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Just go vote for the Epic! They need the votes.

As a former Pre owner, and loyal Palm fan for years, including their stock which I lost on with HP, I lived by those forums to get my phone to do what the Epic does out of the box,

This is the first phone I haven't hacked, tweaked or manipulated to get it to do what it should out of the box!!!!!!!!! Loving not having to maintain it

adjmcloon#IM

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Pre is a decent phone. It's too bad about the hardware, but the OS is really great. If they would have come out with it a year or two sooner, I think Palm would have survived on its own. It will be interesting to see how it develops with HP as the owner.

That said, Android and the Epic are leagues better.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
WebOS is nice, but Android has as many good points as it does. WebOS has no apps and the worst hardware and the pre2 is laughable, glad I didn't hang around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon