Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Default where is the revamped Android Market app?

my phone hasn't prompted me to update android market. am i supposed to do it manually?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

same with the new you tube app?? or do they only work with froyo........wow if thats the case then wouldnt that make samsung wanna hurry up and release this thing...cmon now

I believe the new Market & YouTube are for Froyo only. I never got an update, I manually installed both.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I believe the new Market & YouTube are for Froyo only. I never got an update, I manually installed both.
    How/where do you manually install them if you don't mind my asking?:rolleyes:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by carraser891 View Post
    same with the new you tube app?? or do they only work with froyo........wow if thats the case then wouldnt that make samsung wanna hurry up and release this thing...cmon now
    I'm pretty sure samsung already released this to the carriers, so at this point we should be wondering what the carriers are doing

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 2.9.5

Yeah the new youtube is for froyo only. However, the new market was automatically pushed to my phone early this morning around 2 am or so. I'm still on stock eclair.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    How/where do you manually install them if you don't mind my asking?:rolleyes:
    New Android Market - Froyo Only

I found a version of the new YouTube that works on Ecalir: New YouTube

Not sure if these will work on phones other than the Epic, however.
    Thanked by:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I'm pretty sure samsung already released this to the carriers, so at this point we should be wondering what the carriers are doing
    That's what I figured. Seems a lot of people with Sprint phones have the update already. Verizon likes to take their time with updates.

The new market is being pushed to 2.1 Epics throughout the next few days. I have friends that have received it, but I haven't :-(

I exchanged my old phone for avbrand new one and as soon as it was activated and I setup my google acct i had the new market. I then had to do a hard reset and when I set it back up after like 10 mins I had it again.

The new market showed up on my epic over a week ago. There was no notification, I just opened it one day and discovered it was different.

sent from Epic 4G via Tapatalk
    Epic 4G

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Been wondering about that myself. I knew the new youtube app I for Froyo, but no updates to the market app. It's no rush though. I do wish that Froyo was officially out for the Epic! Any later and I might just have to use a leaked version...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The update to the market app is for all devices running 1.6 or higher. One of the leaked apk’s that was posted online was only working on FroYo devices (although now there’s one that’s working for pre-FroYo too), so I think that’s where some of this confusion is coming from.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

May be true for the new YouTube, but not so much for the new Market... I got it yesterday... it's awesome!

Stock, no ROM, no Root, no Froyo...
    "Itís only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anythingÖ"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

How do we verify if the market app we have is the newest version?
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Just by opening it - it looks completely different.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Anyone running froyo get the new app pushed to them or is the only option to download it?

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

running FroYo here, had to manually update. Works great!
    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

Just got the new Market App 10 minutes ago on my epic 4g. It looks great. Just like someone else said, it just showed up. No prompts.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine just showed up last night by itself with froyo

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Ok so today I automatically got the market update on my 2.2.1 epic. My father in laws 2.1 epic still has no update which really surprised me.

I'm on froyo and I haven't received the new market UI yet it's kinda frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy S4 ATT

Galaxy S3 VZW

Xoom LTE VZW

Nexus 7 2012

Nexus 7 2013

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I reverted back to 2.1 to exchange my phone for a replacement after getting the market on 2.2. When I opened the market in 2.1, it installed the new market.

New market installed today here. Stock 2.1 ROM.

I was downloading another app. When it finished I hit "back" to go from the app page to the main market, and I was looking at the new market. No restart or notification of any kind, and I was right in the middle of using it.

I'm sure Sprint is staggering the rollout to prevent congestion but I can't crack the pattern if there is one.

--Qfg

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Q-fugee View Post
    New market installed today here. Stock 2.1 ROM.

I was downloading another app. When it finished I hit "back" to go from the app page to the main market, and I was looking at the new market. No restart or notification of any kind, and I was right in the middle of using it.

I'm sure Sprint is staggering the rollout to prevent congestion but I can't crack the pattern if there is one.

--Qfg
    It's actually not Sprint pushing out the update, it's Google silently pushing out the update. But you're right, it's being rolled out gradually.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast