Samsung Intercept to get froyo starting today???

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint phone customer service told me yes, but there's issues and don't force it to install. Sprint twitter customer service told me there no date and they will let me know.

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
MY daughters intercept did not get any update pushed to her phone and today was the day the update was going to be pushed.... Oh well.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does Sammy have this OS upgrade done right or will this be a disaster in the making like what happened in Canada's, Bell Samsung Vibrant's getting bricked?

Things aren't looking good for Sammy and Froyo these days...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I find it funny that the intercept is getting but not the epic yet. I understand that it was out first but we have their flagship phone.

But I also wouldn't want it if it has bugs still in it and if it doesn't address the issues that people are having with GPS and battery life.

I just read that the galaxy s just got gingerbread rom . Since the Nexus S is similar to ours then maybe/hopefully go straight to Gingerbread....

Last edited:

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife's and my Daughter's Intercepts updated automatically this morning. We live in N.C.
By the way, this doesn't belong in the Epic section.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
before the galaxy s, wow guys. flagship phone vs beginner phone and beginner wins...ouch

You do understand it takes more resources to get Froyo working on the Galaxy S line than the Intercept right? And then probably harder on the Epic of all the phones due to the keyboard. I'm patient.

anon(40787)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I checked about 15 min's ago and when I go to "update android" it says I'm up-to-date. I'm not rooted.

Note: I'm in washington state and virgin mobile

Sent From my VM Samsung Intercept via Tapatalk

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
You do understand it takes more resources to get Froyo working on the Galaxy S line than the Intercept right? And then probably harder on the Epic of all the phones due to the keyboard. I'm patient.
Yeah, the keyboard and WiMAX

As a developer, I can assure you that the Epic's keyboard isn't a reason for the delay.

HTC released Froyo for the Evo 2 months after the initial release. It also only took Motorola 2 months to update the Droid X to Froyo

NONE of the U.S. Galaxy S devices have been updated to 2.2 yet. It has been over 5 months since the first U.S. Galaxy phone (Vibrant) was released, and still no timetable for the update.

WiMax shouldn't be a reason for the delay either; HTC didn't have any problems with it.

Clearly, Samsung doesn't have their **** together. People need to stop making excuses for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not making excuses for them. I'm HIGHLY peeved with Samsung at this point. I guess they haven't learned much from their Behold II debacle.

I'm quite happy with Sprint so I won't be leaving them. However, Motorola is supposed to finally release Android phones on Sprint in 2011, HTC's Android handsets are always solid and even LG's future Android offerings are looking interesting. I suspect when upgrade time comes back around my next phone WON'T be a Samsung.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
As a developer, I can assure you that the Epic's keyboard isn't a reason for the delay.

HTC released Froyo for the Evo 2 months after the initial release. It also only took Motorola 2 months to update the Droid X to Froyo

NONE of the U.S. Galaxy S devices have been updated to 2.2 yet. It has been over 5 months since the first U.S. Galaxy phone (Vibrant) was released, and still no timetable for the update.

WiMax shouldn't be a reason for the delay either; HTC didn't have any problems with it.

Clearly, Samsung doesn't have their **** together. People need to stop making excuses for them.

I believe I read that TouchWiz 3.0 was having issues with the horizontal orientation which would be a greater issue on a phone with a keyboard.

Not making excuses...just stating that I'm sure there are good reasons as to why we having recieved an official Froyo update.

People tend to complain too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Intercept was pushed OTA Froyo this week

WHY did the Intercept get foryo Today and Epic Still has yet to recieve official OTA push of FROYO!

This pisses me off.
When will Sprint Push the Froyo OTA to the Epic??

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think one of the simplest answers is that the intercept is running a pretty close version of stock Android. Ultimately when you do a lot of customization to the Android operating system, that is more you have to ensure is compatible and working properly with a new version of the OS. The Epic is running a much more customized overlay of Android.

I think when you look beyond that, a lot of it is speculation. But I'd be willing to bet 90% of the problems with froyo with the Galaxy S series of phones has been just that.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
yup. my girlfriends pink intercept got thew update and it went smoothly... what struck me is that they went from a themed eclair (samsung colored notification bar/pulldown, dialer, lockscreen, contacts, etc.) to a stock froyo build with white taskbar and all components AOSP. I thought that was cool.

if they did that with the Galaxy S models in gingerbread making it like the Nexus S Family that would be EPIC!!!

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe I read that TouchWiz 3.0 was having issues with the horizontal orientation which would be a greater issue on a phone with a keyboard. Not making excuses...just stating that I'm sure there are good reasons as to why we having recieved an official Froyo update.
People tend to complain too much.

While this may be true, that still doesn't explain why the U.S. Vibrant & Captivate haven't been updated... They've been out for 5+ months.

And even when Samsung finally manages to release an update, they screw it up.

olhoni

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The three Intercepts on my plan received the push to Froyo on Saturday morning. One phone would receive calls but would not ring or vibrate so if you weren't looking at the phone you had no notification of a call. Ended up doing hard reset on two out of three, so far. I'm not sure I'd bemoan not getting this update yet. I'd recommend that you make sure your contacts are synced and up to date BEFORE allowing the update to go through. There are quite a few changes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey