Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Epic 4G -- Bad ESN Advice

I bought a Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint on Craigslist, and stupidly did not check the ESN before purchasing. Sooooo, yeah, the phone is showing up as stolen in Sprint's database and they won't activate. Being Craigslist, the seller has also disappeared.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the phone activated on Sprint? I'm pretty phone savvy, I've jailbroken iPhones before. Is there a way to "jailbreak" the phone so I can use it on my Sprint account?

Thanks!

That sucks.

Idk if rooting a phone will do much for you. I think its going to go a lot deeper than that. I know you can take a cdma phone and flash it to metro pcs, so it might be doable.
    Google didn't show u anything useful?

Hopefully someone else can chime in with something so we can both learn something.

How much was it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

other than taking a esn that is clear and spoofing it to the epic, which is super difficult if not impossible, your not getting it on sprint. sorry man, try ebay or flashing to another carrier then ebay it for more money than one with just a bad esn.

Due to the legalities of changing an ESN, if it is discussed here I will close the thread.

I think shaundizzle had a good idea about flashing it to use with another carrier, but I'm not sure how effective that will be.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It was too much... especially for a phone I cant use :/ Well, thanks guys, gonna see what I can do. Lesson learned.

Get it flashed to cricket and sell it on ebay.