Official Froyo Update on the Epic on Dec 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just want access to the Froyo-only apps and my Apps2SD functionality! All the other perks (including Flash) will be just an added bonus...

Same here. My Epic runs great! There are a few things that I would like to change like run my from SD and have a more polished Touchwiz where I can edit the default buttons. Plus, I am looking forward to the enhanced Gmail as well. Everything else will be a bonus!

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to Apps2SD and ability to stream music (Shoutcast on WinAmp only works on 2.2+). Being able to take advantage of Google's latest apps will be nice (3D buildings on Maps, Gmail enhancements, etc.).

GPS improvement and some stability/speed/battery improvements would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really like the Epic (since Aug 31st!) and as long as Froyo isn't a step back, I'll be pretty happy.

On the topic of Sprint's "problems" with getting this update out the door, keep in mind that if 12/26 goes as rumored, the Epic will be the first Galaxy S to get Froyo but the last (or second to last?) Galaxy S to be released.

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I am reading that alote of people are have issues with there epics. Are most of these problems from day 1 epic owners cause I got mine mid november and it works great. So if froyo is just a small upgrade then I don't see why there should be any problems as long as they fix the ones they had with the captivate earlier this month.
I have the Epic 4g and dont have any problems with it at all. im new to the whole android word and curious what the update will bring. I am more excited about 4g access in the SF area on the 28th than anything else. I came from a Palm Pre and my Epic is far superior. ....in conclusion, im a happy camper!

heymista

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I really hope the waiting is finally over. I have a home automation system that requires flash to access via internet. I would have bought the evo had I know it would be 3 months. Flash is the only feature that I truly need, but the other features will be nice to have.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Epic 4g and dont have any problems with it at all. im new to the whole android word and curious what the update will bring. I am more excited about 4g access in the SF area on the 28th than anything else. I came from a Palm Pre and my Epic is far superior. ....in conclusion, im a happy camper!

I also came from the Pre and am very happy with the Epic. I think the thing I'm looking forward to most with froyo is moving apps to my sd card. I was very excited about 4g also but started to see that 9 out of 10 time I use it 3g was faster. I'm in Merced, CA. So I hope you have better luck in the bay area.

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
in addidtion to all the stuff mentioned already the other thing i'm expecting is voice dialing over bluetooth, thats a biggie for me

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just hope no one here is grossly disappointed, at least anyone who is expecting Froyo to be something it's not. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be great to finally be on Froyo, but try not to get over-excited. Then you'll feel even more ticked off when it's not what you were anticipating. It's an incremental update at best.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to Apps2SD and ability to stream music (Shoutcast on WinAmp only works on 2.2+). Being able to take advantage of Google's latest apps will be nice (3D buildings on Maps, Gmail enhancements, etc.).

GPS improvement and some stability/speed/battery improvements would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really like the Epic (since Aug 31st!) and as long as Froyo isn't a step back, I'll be pretty happy.

On the topic of Sprint's "problems" with getting this update out the door, keep in mind that if 12/26 goes as rumored, the Epic will be the first Galaxy S to get Froyo but the last (or second to last?) Galaxy S to be released.

Hey man try audiogalaxy. It is a great app that streams ur music on ur pc to ur phone and it is free. U just have to install the audiogalaxy helper to ur pc. After it scans ur music it doesn't affect speed on ur pc hardly.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
And for the record- 3D buildings is on maps WITHOUT the 2.2 update. I can see downtown LA buildings on the Epic with 2.1 no problem...you just need to know WHERE google 3d buildings are... and zoom in pretty close as well.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I am almost afraid to update as I originally had a phone I was not totally happy with and with the 2.2 leak it is working perfect lol.. with my luck I will be one of the unlucky ones again lol.. I just hope they do something about the new Gallery 3D app because it is SLOOOOOWWW compared to the original 2.1 version..

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just hope no one here is grossly disappointed, at least anyone who is expecting Froyo to be something it's not. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be great to finally be on Froyo, but try not to get over-excited. Then you'll feel even more ticked off when it's not what you were anticipating. It's an incremental update at best.

There will ALWAYS be complaints and sore losers and "I wish I had this instead" no matter the update... I think we're all just waiting and watching and wanting Froyo as some sort of indication that the Epic hasn't been forgotten and left behind on the software power curve... we'll have more "wish list" items when Froyo hits and we start looking towards Gingerbread, but that Froyo step is a big one, and one we've been waiting on for oh-so-long! **STILL patiently waiting...**

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's looking like the update will not be out on the 26th. Internal messages within Sprint are saying it's coming soon but have pretty much said the 26th being speculated ain't going to happen.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Was talking to the guy at the sprint service center and was told only a small percentage of intercepts were having the problems.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Was talking to the guy at the sprint service center and was told only a small percentage of intercepts were having the problems.

I'm not trying shoot you down in any way, so please don't take it that way, but carrier reps always claim a "small percentage" of people are having a problem. I've seen much more than a small percentage here on the forums. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.