Camera orientation - portrait uploads as landscape

slope72

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting extremely frustrated with my new Epic. I take loads of pics with my phone camera and tend to take photos in portrait orientation instead of landscape. I've noticed that the camera seems to only orient itself in landscape orientation (ie, the camera icons and interface don't switch to portrait when you rotate the phone into portrait). The gallery app seems to correctly rotate photos taken in portrait mode, but when i upload photos to Facebook or to email via the "Share" function, they're sent in the incorrect, landscape orientation.

Anyone know how to fix this? Totally kills the camera functionality for me.

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
That's a good question. I have the same problem and I hate it. I send my pics to facebook(can only do one at a time thru the gallery) and it sends them sideways! Then I have to go to fb and rotate them right.

slope72

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
No way that I see to fix this (extremely stupid) problem. I've downloaded the Adobe Photoshop Express app and use that to upload to Facebook. It's still annoying bc it doesn't allow uploading of multiple photos, emailing or text messaging of photos.

ElectroWiz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Picture upload problem

I too am having the same problem with the pictures uploading sideways with my Epic. It has been doing this since the latest released/recalled Froyo update. Por que?

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The problem sucks.
There are 2 "fixes" to this:
1) Open the picture with the Gallery app and select menu to "crop" the picture but select the whole picture and resave it. It will save into Portrate mode.
2) Look for "Vignette" camera app which actually looks to be a decent program. I've read that this app is the only app to successfully take pics in portrate mode and keep it there.

I'm not holding my breath for an official fix to this.

Ti Mo

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thx2scoob

Really solved an annoying problem: all portrate mode wordpress image uploads from my phone were rotated 90?. Advice 1 works fine!
The "crop"-function seems to remove the EXIF-orientation info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm