Official Vs. Leaked 2.2

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I wanted to see what most think we will be seeing in the official Froyo update over the leaked version.

The Epic has always been laggy for me and the leaked 2.2 was no exception.

Thoughts?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a true fix for the GPS, but I'm not holding my breath. Otherwise I really don't expect to see much difference in the leaked over official.

As far as lag, most of what your probably getting when talking about lag really doesn't have much to do with the OS or the Epic itself, probably more to do with the apps themselves and how they execute things.

You want to talk lag, go play some online MP games either on computer or way of XBOX/Playstation/Wii and watch bullet lag and character lag, then you will have something to complain about my friend... LOL.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say this- but I think we'll see some widgets/features removed. It's scary to think that the Epic leak was so long ago and was on track to beat all the other US devices- only to not get greenlit. Something is definitely breaking things- and since the official 2.1 release was missing features- they may feel this 2.2 build too ambitious as well and scale it back removing widgets and the like.

Personally, I'd still love it if they gave us a choice to get the Nexus S stock Android experience SOON with 2.2 or 2.3 and then make Touchwiz 3 available later as an option for those that still want those added features... but this would really make the Nexus S possibly obsolete in many cases if they did...

I wonder if the lag is caused part by Touchwiz and it's running services and part by Samsung's inefficient data saving methods which are clearly different as evidenced by threads in XDA and per app descriptions in the marketplace of apps that run on every device in the past year "EXCEPT galaxy S devices". It sure seems to restrict the hummingbird from showing us what it can really do compared to snapdragon, that's for sure.

cigarfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have DK28 and I cannot complain. It's working for me. Once the official comes out & everyone plays with it & has no issues, then, perhaps, I'll switch. Until then, I'm enjoying watching NFL games through Flash.

Reactions: fry8

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have DK28 and I cannot complain. It's working for me. Once the official comes out & everyone plays with it & has no issues, then, perhaps, I'll switch. Until then, I'm enjoying watching NFL games through Flash.

What service are you using for the NFL?
I'm a Bucs fan and the games have been blacked out,

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a true fix for the GPS, but I'm not holding my breath. Otherwise I really don't expect to see much difference in the leaked over official.

As far as lag, most of what your probably getting when talking about lag really doesn't have much to do with the OS or the Epic itself, probably more to do with the apps themselves and how they execute things.

You want to talk lag, go play some online MP games either on computer or way of XBOX/Playstation/Wii and watch bullet lag and character lag, then you will have something to complain about my friend... LOL.
how bad is your connection that you lag when playing? xD

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's stay on topic guys - no more posts with PM requests. If you want to communicate via PM, then by all means send a PM.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried out the latest Syndicate ROM that's off of Android 2.1? I use it with Samsung's TW3.0, and it runs SOO smooth. The only reason I want Froyo is to be able to use Skype to make Skype to Skype calls.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried out the latest Syndicate ROM that's off of Android 2.1? I use it with Samsung's TW3.0, and it runs SOO smooth. The only reason I want Froyo is to be able to use Skype to make Skype to Skype calls.

Yeah, that would be my reason too. And, the Yahoo Messenger video call. Other than that it's been fun using the "gadget". :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1