EPIC 4g: Exchange Security Timeout change

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have recently bought the Samsung Epic and updated to the Officially Unofficial Froyo 2.2.1 DK28 build that leaked out a while back.

Everything works well enough for me, but I noticed that the security lock necessitated by my exchange server locked in and forces a passcode. This is good, and I want the passcode on the device. However, I can't seem to change the time for the lock out, and it forces me to type in the passcode every time I turn the screen on.

I would like to change this to 10 minutes (like I had with my Evo, Palm Pre and Blackberry). I thought this setting would be in Home/setting/Location and Security/Change Screen Lock. I know this is possible in the other phones, but I haven't been able to find a place for it in the DK28 build I am using.

I figure that this is a known issue with this build, and don't know if there is a work around, if any one knows of one, I would greatly appreciate it.

If not, does any one know if there is a ROM that would allow for this time out period to be enabled?

Thanks!!!
NNB

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was also a bit disappointed in this. It seems that the time for lockout is entirely based on the screen timeout. when the screen comes out of standby a pass code is required. You can change how long it takes for the screen to timeout (maximum 30 minutes) but that would adversely effect your battery life. I don't know what to tell you...

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately that's what I found as well.

I'm using a work around by having my exchange email come in through Touchdown that forces the password on the mail app only, but I would still prefer for my phone to be secured if I leave it around for a few minutes.

I know the Evo had this ability. Maybe HTC baked it in, and I can only hope Samsung will do the same for the Epic.

Does any one with contacts across the pond know if the Galaxy S phones that recently received Froyo have this ability?

Thanks in advance!
nnb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison