1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Default Root directory on SD card

Does anyone know which one is the Rood directory on SD card?
    I tried the topmost folder - it didn't work
    I tried "no folder" - it didn't work
    There's no folder on the SD card name Root.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    I tried the topmost folder - it didn't work
    ^ that's it. What are you trying to do exactly?

the root is the main on your memory card. on your pc just click the memory card to open the contents and thats it. you will see every file and folder on your card from the root.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

I copied the downloaded dk28 file onto my SD card and rebooted the phone into the Recovery mode. Tried to apply the Update.zip file from SD card, but it doesn't recognize the path - it's not found.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    the root is the main on your memory card. on your pc just click the memory card to open the contents and thats it. you will see every file and folder on your card from the root.
    According to some posts in other areas the main is supposed to be the top folder on list. However, it didn't work. I used "no folder" (just dropped the file on the card), it didn't work either.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

You have to rename the dk28 file to update.zip. then drop the newly namd file onto your sd card.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by cheapfx View Post
    You have to rename the dk28 file to update.zip. then drop the newly namd file onto your sd card.
    Sorry for not being so clear from the beginning.
    I renamed it and put it in the topmost folder first on the SD card, but it didn't recognize. Then I just dropped in on the card (no folder), same thing.

just odin to dk28...

Try this instead: Installing Froyo Using Odin

Go to the Old Procedure, and complete Steps 0 & 1. This is an alternative method to using update.zip in stock recovery. This will wipe your phone (which you should do even with the update.zip method), so backup anything you need beforehand.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Try this instead: Installing Froyo Using Odin

Go to the Old Procedure, and complete Steps 0 & 1. This is an alternative method to using update.zip in stock recovery. This will wipe your phone (which you should do even with the update.zip method), so backup anything you need beforehand.
    Thank you my friend. I will do that.

Default Re: Root directory on SD card

i am suck a noob... I rooted my lg optimus v and have researched and prayed how to install a cool custom rom buit i cant get past the black screen... HELP ME PLEASE

Default Re: Root directory on SD card

Quote Originally Posted by spridel king View Post
    i am suck a noob... I rooted my lg optimus v and have researched and prayed how to install a cool custom rom buit i cant get past the black screen... HELP ME PLEASE
    Wow. Dug up a thread that's been untouched for over a year, in a forum area that is for the Sprint Epic 4g.

For starters, Go to the Optimus V part of the forum and start reading. The fine folks in the Optimus V forum should be able to help. Don't try to do any of the recovery methods from any other phone. You'll likely make your Optimus into a paperweight (if It's not already).

Root can mean two things with an Android phone. Root is the "superuser" on a linux (android in this case) OS. Root can also mean the topmost level of your drive. Read, re-read, understand, read again, than try.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...