Disable 1x Data

Ajbent86

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use a lot of data for content streaming. At work I have low signal (1 bar) and sometimes the networks changes to 1x Data. (Yes, I know the epic doesn’t indicate it, but I can tell by the reduced bandwidth and about 3 second drop of all data when the switch is made.

I’ve noticed that if someone calls while on 1x data, the calls go straight to voicemail, it does not ring at all.

Is there a way to set the phone to 3G data only? And if there is no 3G available, drop the data connection?

Short recap: I Want 3G Data only. If not available, no data connection at all. Wi-Fi is not an option at my office nor is 4G.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This might be possible using a debug menu via dialer code - check the sticky at the top of this forum (I'd post a link bit I'm mobile, sorry).

Sent by a little green robot

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No you can manually disable 3G data with the Power Control Plus ($1.99) widget. The "3G" button does not work, so you must use first "Cellular Data" button in the list. I use this power bar instead of the stock Power Bar and it allows me to add as many buttons as I want. Right now I have 6: Wifi, Airplane mode, GPS, 3G, Sync, and Triple brightness.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
No you can manually disable 3G data with the Power Control Plus ($1.99) widget. The "3G" button does not work, so you must use first "Cellular Data" button in the list. I use this power bar instead of the stock Power Bar and it allows me to add as many buttons as I want. Right now I have 6: Wifi, Airplane mode, GPS, 3G, Sync, and Triple brightness.

There are SEVERAL apps that do this as well... I use Quick Settings, which is free and does the job just fine... I switch 3G off when I'm at work since I'm not allowed to bring the phone in the building... and then just switch it back on when I'm ready to use it again... it's literally "Quick" and easy :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae