The Official Froyo News, Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
sorry, still too confusing. Whats the PIT button?
Check the screenshot of Odin in the thread [How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone). You'll see the PIT button. It has a red box around it that says "step 7." You can download Odin and run it and check it out too.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Any further questions involving use of Odin or Froyo based roms let's try and post them in the related threads in the Rooting/ROMs/Hacking section.

Thanks everyone.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I bought it in Sept, They Said Froyo in Nov, then before the end of the year. Well its Feb... Will never buy Samsung again.

Reactions: ejohnnyk

eQuin2011

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
how do we do that??? And what if Sprint Releases their update...Will i be able to update it to the official one?? (not holding my breath on Official updates from Sprint)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Froyo update coming to Epic on Feb 21st?!?

Rumor puts official Froyo update for the Sprint Epic 4G on Feb. 21 | Android Central

Good news, but I definitely won't be holding my breath.

I don't blame the kind folks at Android Central for posting this info.

However... a "rumor" from a single "source" hardly gets me excited and at this point, gets me aggravated.

When considering the track record of previously reported "rumors" - I'd rather not read stuff like this. It's just annoying.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't blame the kind folks at Android Central for posting this info.

However... a "rumor" from a single "source" hardly gets me excited and at this point, gets me aggravated.

When considering the track record of previously reported "rumors" - I'd rather not read stuff like this. It's just annoying.

Yup, this means we gotta wait for March before we even get a fully functional CM6 ROM. I really wish Noobnl would resign and let someone else take over. HTC has so many devs willing to reverse engineer, it makes me jealous.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Fact is the only date I have really seen come from Samsung itself was when they were releasing Froyo for the International Stock Galaxy S phone and they stated they were hoping to have Froyo out for November as the statement was " The Android 2.2 software is being fully tested with UK operators and the upgrade will be available in the UK from early November. We expect all operator versions of the software to be fully tested and downloadable by the end of November.". Sadly the statement We expect is not truly a promise, but more of a general statement. While I would like Froyo to hit, if you are not willing to root and custom ROM, all you can do it wait it out. I do hope that this Feb date is true, but will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Skunkape60

sly41991

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
According to a employee at an authorized Sprint repair store which I associate with often since I'm the maintenance person for the store I'm told that the froyo for epic will be soon it is being finalized

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
According to a employee at an authorized Sprint repair store which I associate with often since I'm the maintenance person for the store I'm told that the froyo for epic will be soon it is being finalized

I think the concern you'll hear about that is that relatively few people believe that Sprint store personnel really possess such information...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
When it gets here, most will find that all the whining and complaining was hardly worth it. As the upgrade isn't all that big a deal. I do however want to move some apps to the sd card and have flash video. Other than that, not much else I'm interested in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.