Have you tried Dolphin Browser HD?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you already haven't then it's worth a look. My new default browser.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried it, unistalled after a week. The new Dolphin browser mini is better but I like the simplicity of the stock browser the best.

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried Dolphin HD. Seemed too bloated and slow for features I would almost never use. Went back to stock. Tried Dolphin Mini and like it a lot. Enjoy the added features that I will use (gestures and tabs) with a small footprint.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've used it ever since jumping to Android. I love it. I have the gesture feature off. Love the tabs, color them customization and desktop orientation for viewing webpages. All in all, I think it's a great browser.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It has been my browser of choice (in blue) for almost as long as I had this phone... The tabs are great as I am always doing more than one thing.. I love the bookmark sync/Website screenshot and some other add-ons too...

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Been using it since I got the Epic, its prob the most popular browser for android. I am no expert but have read it is pretty much the stuck browser with some features overlayed on top of it.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
A lot better then stock.nothing complicated about it .use the gestures feature all the time.

Evo-lution

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've used it ever since jumping to Android. I love it. I have the gesture feature off. Love the tabs, color them customization and desktop orientation for viewing webpages. All in all, I think it's a great browser.

Just about summed up everything I love about it. I never even thought to mess with the gesture feature because I thought it would be a big mess. Renders pages perfectly, also uses bookmarks / history / most visited pages really well, and so many others... it was one of the first I downloaded (app wise) and is one of my absolute faves...

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried the HD version. Ever since AC posted the article about Dolphin Mini being officially in the market this past weekend, I've been using it ever since. I love it! But based on some of the aforementioned comments, I may have to give the HD edition a whirl.

The bad thing is, I only have 15 minutes to thoroughly go through it to decide if I want to keep it if I want a refund...

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

I know that this is about Dolphin HD, but I looked for this setting in the Mini version. I guess since it's mini, it's not there? I would love to change the color of the tabs as it's currently green. Black would be nice.

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
whats the diff between HD and mini?

The biggest difference appears to be add-ons for the HD browser. From Dolphin's Blog

* Dolphin Browser HD is most powerful one among this three, which is only compatible with Android 2.0+ device. You can customize your own browser since Dolphin Browser HD is the first Android Browser supports add-ons. And there are many other minor but useful features to help you get better user experience.
* Dolphin Browser Mini is aiming at providing a faster user experience for you, which is built on Android 1.6 engine. Dolphin Browser Mini will win all the other browsers with its High speed responsibility. You can treat it as the mini version of Dolphin Browser HD and the upgrade version of Dolphin Browser.
* Dolphin Browser ( original/ regular) is the earliest version developed by us, which is also built on Android 1.6 engine. It is the first product which build the reputation of Dolphin Browser and win the favor of our users.

Reactions: Devtodi

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried the HD version. Ever since AC posted the article about Dolphin Mini being officially in the market this past weekend, I've been using it ever since. I love it! But based on some of the aforementioned comments, I may have to give the HD edition a whirl.

The bad thing is, I only have 15 minutes to thoroughly go through it to decide if I want to keep it if I want a refund...

But it's free?!