is it possible to change the tone for the timer?

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
How does one change the tone for the Froyo clock countdown timer?

I want to add one of the R2D2 sounds in place of the Froyo timer sound.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
**Bumping this**

I guess the answer would be no?

anyone know if this is possible? I did a search and it yielded 0 results.

The standard timer sound is not loud enough

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I actually searched for it myself yesterday to no avail. If anything, I'd think it would be under /system/media/audio/ui maybe, but I looked in my phone and saw nothing of the sort. I'll keep looking in my spare time.

Xian-Pu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I checked the stock Timer app on my 2.1 phone, and found that the tone is actually in the apk: Timer.apk\res\raw\timer.mp3.
I'm gonna assume that the same is true for just about every 1.x and 2.x stock Timer apps.

So, unless you feel confident about rooting your phone and re-packing the APK file, you might wanna look for an alternative app.

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
if you're talking about the stopwatch/timer app (stock) in the settings area there is the alarm slection option where you can choose between the alarm and ringtone plus the volume settings and whatnot, also to add more sounds for clock alarms i created a folder called alarms on my SD similar to what you do for ringtones and notifications

Shayan arman

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it is.
Under your files when you hook up your android to your computer, there should be a ringtone folder.
Drag and drop an mp3 file into that folder.
Then remove the phone from your computer.

Go into the timer app.
Create an alarm for one minute in the future.
Take a look at that alarm, underneath the time, there should be a little music note. Click on that (with the name of the ringtone) and search through until you find the one that you want.

There ya go!

echoxray

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
OK yes it is possible.

I am running Android 7.0 and just bought a HTC Bolt from Sprint.

To set an alarm sound for alarms, you go to the main settings gear icon > Sound & Notification > Alarm. This alarm will set the default sound for all alarms in the clock app. I'm saying this because it's a bit weird to then set the sound for the timer.

To set the sound for the timer:
1. Bring up the Clock app
2. Tap on the TIMER tab, if it is not already the active tab. On my device, a green line appears underneath it.
3. Tap on the three vertical dots above the TIMER tab
4. Tap on Alarm sound. I know. It sounds like you'll be changing the sound for the alarm but it doesn't. It only changes the sound for the timer "alarm" sound! Nice one coders!
5. Select the sound you want from the list of sounds
6. Tap APPLY at the bottom of the screen

This is easily immediately testable. Tell google to set an alarm for 3 minutes. Then tell google to set a one minute timer. You'll see it worked.

As far as setting your own sound, that's another issue that I'm sure you can resolve!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1