Email stuck in outbox
12-16-2014 02:06 PM
- Help!! I finally got comfortable with my Epic and today started blasting out a bunch of emails. I happened to be checking something else and notice that my Outbox has 10 email!?!? I go click the "send outgoing messages" button and nothing happens. I tried to research this through Google and it looks like it's a known problem. Have any of you been able to figure out a work around? This is a CRITICAL issue in my opinion. Thanks for any feedback.01-11-2011 09:34 PM
- It has happened to me several times. But I was able to go into my mail account settings and play with my out-going server settings. Sometimes i check the require sign-in block and it fixes it. Sometimes it fixes it by removing the require sign-in check mark. Wierd....01-11-2011 09:52 PM
- I only know how to do this with the default email app. Hold you finger on the account you want to change until the menu comes up and choose account settings.
Below the notification settings is the server settings. There it should list Incoming settings and outgoing settings.
I have pop email and used the manual setup when my accounts were setup on the phone. I don't know if that differs from the way you set up your mail....01-12-2011 10:13 PM
- I notice this problem as well. It seems to happen more frequently when I am trying to send a picture. I notice on both wifi and 3g, and it happens sporadically. I also notice occasional delays in receiving email. It's nice having a phone that offers a great internet experience, but Blackberry is much more dependable for email.01-22-2011 01:52 PM
I notice the Gmail app does not have a great deal of settings, ( frequency of when to check e-mail, outgoing settings ect..
Why would Gmail app be so limited in functionality.. annoying Google..01-22-2011 03:59 PM
- I noticed the same stuck outbox problem. Here is a workaround that worked for me. One of my stuck emails was a forward.
1. Goto outbox.
2. Open stuck email.
3. Settings > Forward
4. **Make sure to remove any "FW: " or "RE: " tags from the subject**
5. Forward email to your desired contacts.
Once I did this both the emails sent...meaning people got my email twice, but whatever.02-06-2011 07:35 AM
- Hey Dallas - don't know if this will help, but you can try it! I was having a similar problem - using the stock email app, outgoing email was always getting stuck. I found that sometimes it would work - but ONLY if I was on my home wifi (it was a roadrunner account). So I did a little digging around, and found that other people were having this issue with various smtp outgoing accounts. So I tried using the sprint smtp server (what, you say? There's a sprint smtp server we can use? Well... I didn't know about it till yesterday...). So I logged into my sprint account, and went into "my preferences", and found my sprint email username and password (I had to set up the password). I then deleted my email account from the phone, and restored it - but this time I used my normal (roadrunner) pop server for incoming, and the sprint server for outgoing. Here are the settings I used for the sprint server:
server name: smtp.sprintpcs.com
sign in required: yes
user name: firstname.lastname@example.org
So... we'll see if it keeps working, but I've verified that I can now send email on 3g, 4g or wifi... a huge improvement from before!
I'm still at android 2.1... heh... the update will probably get pushed to my phone and this will stop working again... well apparently I have more time to wait for that! ;-)02-26-2011 09:24 PM
- i have also had this issue. It seemed like it was a data connectivity issue because i was able to resolve it by turning off 4g/wifi and then reconnecting. This is just another little "issue" that I've been having with the Epic. Between this, the froyo debacle and the crappy GPS, it's getting frustrating with all of the "work arounds" necessary to use this phone as it was intended.02-27-2011 03:07 PM
- My outgoing was stuck in out box; I called roadrunner repeatedly and was told to try different smtp servers and different ports -- all to no avail. THEN I tried experimenting, and behold, when I checked "SIGN IN" and re-added my address and password (both complete), to two separate accounts which had been set up using different servers and ports, they both WORKED.10-14-2011 10:43 AMLike 1
- very simple to resolve issue with stuck email in outbox:
go to mail settings
click the outgoing message settings
check the box that says sign in and put your login details
also in security add accept all certificates
save settings and you are done.
you will not have any more problems with mails going to outbox05-27-2014 04:25 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
Email stuck in outbox
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD