Bye bye epic :(

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So the screen cracked and I went to go get it replaced and found out it would be cheaper to get a shift. Thought about it while at lunch and started to realoze I was tired of not having 2.2, my multimedia dock is near worthless, and even with double the battery size (3000mah) I was still getting just a day of juice with a few % left. Really sucks as I had such high hopes for this phone and all crushed by samsung. Well on to the htc shift forums.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So the screen cracked and I went to go get it replaced and found out it would be cheaper to get a shift. Thought about it while at lunch and started to realoze I was tired of not having 2.2, my multimedia dock is near worthless, and even with double the battery size (3000mah) I was still getting just a day of juice with a few % left. Really sucks as I had such high hopes for this phone and all crushed by samsung. Well on to the htc shift forums.

RIP epic,,,,unless, you looking to sell it?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If the OP wants to sell anything (or anyone else wants to buy anything), it needs to be done in the Marketplace forum. If there's any more discussion of buying/selling I'll have to close his thread and/or issue infractions.

Marketplace forum - Selling and/or trading items is not permitted outside of the Marketplace forum. For the protection of all members, sellers must be registered for at least 30 days, and have a 50 post count minimum. Additional rules and guidelines, for the Marketplace forum, are defined here and are in place for the protection of the community.

2sslow

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Im not understanding how the shift is cheaper than replacing the screen. Sprint is doing in house repairs for 35.00

The only thing not covered are water damage or lost/stolen device.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Im not understanding how the shift is cheaper than replacing the screen. Sprint is doing in house repairs for 35.00

The only thing not covered are water damage or lost/stolen device.

They quoted me 100 for the screen and after I sell the stuff I have and the money they gave me for my epic it will be about the same. So far i m loving my shift, but ill 100% admit I miss the epic. I still think 90% of touchwiz is better then sense and the keyboard and screen are leaps and bounds better then the shift, but the shift is no slouch and 2.2 is great. I really am sad to see the epic go as I had very high hopes for it. But for now ill just have to let it go.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
But won't you be stuck renewing your contract which will make it much more expensive
They quoted me 100 for the screen and after I sell the stuff I have and the money they gave me for my epic it will be about the same. So far i m loving my shift, but ill 100% admit I miss the epic. I still think 90% of touchwiz is better then sense and the keyboard and screen are leaps and bounds better then the shift, but the shift is no slouch and 2.2 is great. I really am sad to see the epic go as I had very high hopes for it. But for now ill just have to let it go.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site

If they are an authorized sprint dealer which I would assume they are you just got scammed. If you had insurance then you could have it fixed for free under the new insurance policies. If you did not then the maximum repair fee is $35. The only time you should be paying more than that is if the phone has circuit board level damage. It would then be $100 through insurance and full price through the store.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But won't you be stuck renewing your contract which will make it much more expensive

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yes I am stuck with a new 2 year. But honestly I usually upgrade every year so no worries.

If they are an authorized sprint dealer which I would assume they are you just got scammed. If you had insurance then you could have it fixed for free under the new insurance policies. If you did not then the maximum repair fee is $35. The only time you should be paying more than that is if the phone has circuit board level damage. It would then be $100 through insurance and full price through the store.

Well that kind of stinks, but in all honesty I'm loving 2.2 and the phone. So even if the quote was wrong still worth it. If samsung was good on their word I wouldn't have posted this and would still have my epic.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Well when you think about it more, that sucks.
Depending on how long you had ur epic.

Because bigger badder phones are around the corner. With dual core and maybe gingerbread. Who knows what else is possible.

I know I'm bailing on my epic for the moto atrix which has dual core and a freaking biometric finger scannr.
Now that's bad ass. Not to mention the cool docks that allow full hdmi mirroring with ports for keyboard and mouse. Dam that's gnarly

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the dual cores. I'm ditching samsung too. I'm sick of this. I should have gotten the evo when I went instead of waiting for this.

cypher04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

What store quoted you 100? It's 35 at most unless the device has liquid damage as previously stated. Are you sure you went to a corporate Sprint store? If so, I'd like to know which one is trying to do a repair for 100.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well when you think about it more, that sucks.
Depending on how long you had ur epic.

Because bigger badder phones are around the corner. With dual core and maybe gingerbread. Who knows what else is possible.

I know I'm bailing on my epic for the moto atrix which has dual core and a freaking biometric finger scannr.
Now that's bad ass. Not to mention the cool docks that allow full hdmi mirroring with ports for keyboard and mouse. Dam that's gnarly

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yeah sadly ill never have the best of the best for a while. I got my epic on release day and bought accesories (one of which is nearly useless without 2.2) and loved it. Sure it had its faults like every phone, but they removed a lot of features and didn't follow through with some promises and between that and the way my wifes moment is going I just got fed up.

As for this phone your talking about, while it sounds nice I'm sure the battery life is probably poor and I do spend extended time away from a charger so it probably wouldn't be for me. This past weekend in fact would have been hell with the epic even with the 3000mah battery as it would have died and I would have been out of town without a cell phone.

It would suck if 2.2 came out in the next day or so. ;-)

Yeah it would sting a bit, but ultimately 2.2 would have to include a lot more then I think it would in order for it to make me start regretting the shift.

What store quoted you 100? It's 35 at most unless the device has liquid damage as previously stated. Are you sure you went to a corporate Sprint store? If so, I'd like to know which one is trying to do a repair for 100.

My mom got accidental repair done on a phone a few months ago and got charged 100. She told me that and I figure that was the straw that broke the camels back. If that was a fraudulent charge then that does indeed suck, but I'm 100% sure its a moot point because the store that she used was a franchise and she stopped using them all together as they screwed us when we got our epics. Worst cell phone store experience I ever had.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been going around and around in my own head about whether or not to keep my Epic. I'm actually at the beginning of my second 30-day return policy (long story), and so if some new comes that something great will be out in March or so I'll return it and bite the bullet on the restocking fee.

However, I'm also not anticipating anything new being out on Sprint until June, whether it's a new Android hero phone or the next-gen webOS phone. And waiting until June to use a phone that does everything I need it to do (my Sprint Pre doesn't) simply won't work for me. So, I might end up keeping the Epic to use in the meantime, and then selling it in June and paying full price for its replacement.

It's an exciting time, really, given all of the cool stuff that's coming to market from pretty much all the major players. But that definitely makes buyer's remorse a much more commonplace occurrence.