Text message problems

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find a thread for this. Has anyone had a problem with or know anything about text coming in hours later and/or the timeline of the text being wrong? Ex: I sent a text at 10:28. It said I sent it at 10:27 which was before the text I was responding to.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem for one evening. It was Sprint related. We had bad weather in the area and some of the towers were unavailable/down due to the weather. I called Sprint and they reported that was probably what was causing the slowdown/delay in text messages.

This lasted for a few hours then it all returned to normal.

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem for one evening. It was Sprint related. We had bad weather in the area and some of the towers were unavailable/down due to the weather. I called Sprint and they reported that was probably what was causing the slowdown/delay in text messages.

This lasted for a few hours then it all returned to normal.
I live in L.A. We've had beautiful weather for the last week ( sorry not bragging :) ), this started for me about 4 days ago. I know a few people that have had them same problem who don't have the Epic.

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i sometimes i receive messages like 4 hours after the time they are stamped with. i usually attribute this to sprint and the poor reception i have at my house. my house has been known to be a sprint roam center

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would give Sprint a call and see what they say. At the time I had this happen to me it was also happening to my daughter who has a Palm Pixi. She send a text and it was delayed by 15-30 mins. Time stamps were messed up, etc.

Since it doesn't seem to be weather related in sunny LA :) then I'm not too sure what it could be. A call to Sprint might shed some light. They did a messaging service reset when I called them concerning mine, whatever that is really (probably just some line of bull to make me happy).

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I live in LA too- but for New Years' we took a road trip to Paso Robles (north of Santa Barbara and SLO) to visit friends- it rained all weekend- and while we had reception- texts were ALL jacked up. Some would go through - some NEVER did. We weren't happy. My palm pre also froze up when it was heavily overcast in the LA area. In both cases Sprint said they thought there was a local service issue- but I've found out- that's a standard BS line for "I'm not sure what your problem is- call back in 48hrs and let us know if you still have a problem."

I chalk it up to Sprint having terrible service in bad weather in LA. But the calls are never a problem- and the rates cheaper than everyone so I just suck it up.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Had this issue last night. Haven't taken any steps to rectify it though. My timestamps seemed a few minutes off so my responses went above what I was replying to.

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Had this issue last night. Haven't taken any steps to rectify it though. My timestamps seemed a few minutes off so my responses went above what I was replying to.
Exactly one of the two problems I'm having. I took my phone in because tech support over the phone had no idea what I was trying to say. All they told me at the store was "we need to do a hard reset" ....uh NO THANK YOU. I think it's an Android problem more so than Sprint.:confused:

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not an androids problem.

The person above said they had a palm pre and had text message delay

I spend a good portion of my week at cal polly pomona, which is far east los angeles and I never have that problem

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

loveleelatina

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one with this problem?

My text messages are coming in late. I will be talkin to my daughter about one topic and move to another then i get a text message about the first topic. anyone else have this issue? im on a 2.2 that came loaded on this phone already could that be an issue from the 2.2 software? thanks guys

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
i've been having the same problem. also my phone will say the text wasn't sent, so i'd resend it, but people were getting double texts.

i thought it might be gosms, so i uninstalled it but didn't help.

just started a couple of days ago.

i'm on syndicate 1.0.1, if that makes any difference.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a basic Froyo EB13 bug. I personally haven't come across it yet while running rooted and running ROMs. I hear more about it on stock Froyo EB13.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn