sprint navigation

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
im running trulyepic as of yesterday and i wanted sprint nav back so i loaded the zip for it, but i cant get it to work. it keeps telling me sprint navigation not available. is it because i cant get a lock on my gps? the best lock i can get from google maps is within 50 meters. whats the best way to fix both of these issues?

edit: sorry meant to put this in hacks and roms

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
im running trulyepic as of yesterday and i wanted sprint nav back so i loaded the zip for it, but i cant get it to work. it keeps telling me sprint navigation not available. is it because i cant get a lock on my gps? the best lock i can get from google maps is within 50 meters. whats the best way to fix both of these issues?

edit: sorry meant to put this in hacks and roms

Is the program not even starting up or is it starting up and then your receiving this Sprint Navigation not available.

You can try to manually install Sprint Navigator by installing this using Astro or other apk installer supported application from the Market. Place it on your SD card and install directly from there, NOT CWM.

Sprint Navigator.apk

Your GPS lock (50 meters) seems like you need to try going here to resolve. Four Ways to Fix GPS Problems in Froyo

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had that same problem when I have no data signal. I have an app (quick settings) that enables me to completely turn off data (3G, 4G and WiFi) with a quick flick of the button. I find it a useful aid in saving my battery when I am not getting a signal. I usually keep the data turned off until I want it.

Anyway, I get the same thing when I turn off data and open sprint navigator. It starts to load and then stops and says it's not available. I then start up my data services and restart sprint nav and it works fine.

The gps on our phones is only used to provide a location. Unlike a garman or a tomtom your phone needs a data signal to download the map. So if you don't have a data signal or your data signal is too weak your navigation programs will not work.

So my thought is perhaps you had a poor or non existing data signal when you tried the sprint navigator. Because that is the same exact message I get when I start the sprint navigator without a data signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul627g

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well i do have horrible reception where i live...

edit: reinstalled using quick app install from the market and works fine now thanks, just gotta fix the gps now, although it seems to know where i am. i searched jack in the box and it did manage to return results in my location, with correct milage. but when i selected to drive there it said something like searching for gps signal or something like that

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@keithvetter, thanks for responding on this one. I try to know as much as possible but there are times you guys have 1 up on me ;)

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Could it be the same problem as NFL Football?? I read, don't remember because I don't use that app, but it was a problem with the network name change from Sprint to Truly Epic> ring anyone's bell?? Meaning it looks like a non-Sprint phone trying to activate a Sprint app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could it be the same problem as NFL Football?? I read, don't remember because I don't use that app, but it was a problem with the network name change from Sprint to Truly Epic> ring anyone's bell?? Meaning it looks like a non-Sprint phone trying to activate a Sprint app

He got it to work, read above posts.

The Mini Theme 1.5 associated with TrulyEpic Rebirth ROM conflict your speaking of was only isolated to Sprint NASCAR/Sprint NFL Football app.

I ran Sprint Navigator no problem before we even discovered the conflict.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63