1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera button + Power button = Instant phone off?

Noticed some problem with my phone that has started recently. It seems to be that sometimes whenever the power and camera button are pushed at the same time, the phone shuts off completely, almost like it's lost power. Twice now, however, it has done this and taken me back to the "set up your phone" screens, but all my apps and data are still there. I've flashed multiple ROMs and they all do this. Any ideas?

Maybe you shouldn't be pressing both at the same time. One is to take pictures, and the other is to turn the device off. Not to be press simultaneous.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be pressing both at the same time. One is to take pictures, and the other is to turn the device off. Not to be press simultaneous.
    This would all be good and grand, but if I was intentionally pushing both at the same time then it wouldn't be a problem, but it happens inside my pocket

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

not to sound off topic, but does your volume rocker work fine? The up isn't stuck on by chance, is it? Volume up+power+camera = reset

Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    not to sound off topic, but does your volume rocker work fine? The up isn't stuck on by chance, is it? Volume up+power+camera = reset
    Very good point. This is known as a soft reset to be exact. Can be used instead of pulling the battery when a lockup happens.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Not that I know of, I can use volume up and volume down just fine

Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    I was wondering how to do a soft reset....when the phone does one of its freezes, without doing a battery pull.

Thanks.