using entire wallpaper instead of cropping

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is there a way, when selecting a wallpaper, to select the entire image instead of just a portion of it? cause when i search for images, i prefer to get one with the same resolution as the my epic's screen, but the phone doesnt allow you to select the entire image, and i kinda dont like how when you scroll the pages, the image moves with it

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Because the wallpapers run across multiple screens its not always the same size as the phones screen resolution. For example the DroidX screen resolution is 480x854 but the wallpaper size is 960x854.
480x800 is the Epics resolution size but you need a wallpaper size of 960x800.
As for the image moving you can set it to stay still. I forget how on the stock launcher because I use Launcher Pro but it should say something like Disable wallpaper scrolling.
Find wallpapers 960x800 from your phones browser... long press over the image... set as wallpaper. I have some Android wallpapers if your interested. The link is in my signature.

Last edited:

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Because the wallpapers run across multiple screens its not always the same size as the phones screen resolution. For example the DroidX screen resolution is 960x640 but the wallpaper size is 960x854.
480x800 is the Epics resolution size but you need a wallpaper size of 960x800.
As for the image moving you can set it to stay still. I forget how on the stock launcher because I use Launcher Pro but it should say something like Disable wallpaper scrolling.
Find wallpapers 960x800 from your phones browser... long press over the image... set as wallpaper. I have some Android wallpapers if your interested. The link is in my signature.

the Droid X screen is definitely not 960X640. its the same as the Epic 4G. ur thinking of the iPhone 4.

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
but say when choosing a wallpaper from the gallery, it gives you that box to select a portion of the wallpaper. is there a way to select the whole thing?

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
but say when choosing a wallpaper from the gallery, it gives you that box to select a portion of the wallpaper. is there a way to select the whole thing?

Yes, resize it to 960*800 and then you can select the whole thing... However, even if you do so, and keep the wallpaper to stay still (I only know launcher pro) it still will not show the whole wall paper as the actual 'viewable piece is still like 480*800...
I really don't like scrolling walpaper myself and have always just edited my backgrounds in photoshop so that the '480*800 piece' that always shows is what I want to show... It can be tedious at first but once you have a template saved you can edit it to any image you wish...

Try this if you wish to just resize on the phone and make things simple:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/reduce-photo-size/com.shoozhoo.imageresizer which I found in this forum http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/13979-image-photo-resize-app-2.html

Last edited:
Reactions: bojackson

JojoSteez

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

When it gives you the box to select...just grab an edge and drag out. You can select some or all of the image this way.

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, resize it to 960*800 and then you can select the whole thing... However, even if you do so, and keep the wallpaper to stay still (I only know launcher pro) it still will not show the whole wall paper as the actual 'viewable piece is still like 480*800...
I really don't like scrolling walpaper myself and have always just edited my backgrounds in photoshop so that the '480*800 piece' that always shows is what I want to show... It can be tedious at first but once you have a template saved you can edit it to any image you wish...

Try this if you wish to just resize on the phone and make things simple:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/reduce-photo-size/com.shoozhoo.imageresizer which I found in this forum http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/13979-image-photo-resize-app-2.html

Thanks. i will explore these options when i get home. as for a launcher, im running trulyepic rom and dont wish to use another launcher, so these options you have presented me with seem like the best way to go, unless anyone knows about a standalone wallpaper launcher :)

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
has anyone used this app? "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper"
is this what im looking for? will this work for my purposes?

or maybe this one is better? "Wallpaper Wizardrii"

Last edited:

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

all you have to do is download the "wallpaper set and save" app. just do that and it's perfect! trust me, this thing is amazing. You dont have to worry about resolutions or anything like that. It'll take care of it all.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
has anyone used this app? "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper"
is this what im looking for? will this work for my purposes?

or maybe this one is better? "Wallpaper Wizardrii"

multipicture live, is awesome, allows you to set each screen with a different picture

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
seems like wallpaper wizardrii is the app i want but i dont exactly like they way you choose your image. it doesnt let you see all your different galleries at once. it opens a gallery and you scroll through them. would be easier if it let you choose the gallery you would like to go into

mario99

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
MultiPicture Live Wallpaper is awesome! wizardrii is just as nice for what it does, but it falls a little short as you said in the selection and displaying of folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463