Sirius/XM App on the Epic 4G

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to listen on a 3G connection and the audio just goes dead after 5-7 minutes of use. I'm using an EPIC 4G and the SiriusXM app. Sometimes it will hold for awhile but then I have to hit the power button to bring the audio back. Does the EPIC have a sleep mode for 3G? I think it's the app, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

note: I don't have this problem with Pandora.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:D

faderrific

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem with the app. It's real frustrating. The only thing I've found that works, somewhat, is to disable the screen from turning off. Or you could always press the volume button through your pants when you hear it disconnect.

Reactions: a Magillacutty
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't think about disabling the screen. Although....I'll have to see what that does to my battery as the app already does a great job of draining it. I've been doing the volume button pressing through the pants "jerry-rig", but as you might know, it is freaking annoying.

faderrific

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Completely unrelated...

Judging by your username, I feel obligated to throw out a "Red Dragons!", down with "Blubber Army"! :) Not long until Ellis takes over Sirius completely!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on you signal. If I am at work I can get butter smooth sirius. If I am at home, it lags something fierce.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I experienced several drop outs last night at home on a solid fios wifi signal.

Tried Pandora and Tunein Radio and did not have this issue. They really need to fix this as this is a paid subscription and the freebies are getting better results.

faderrific

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
They really need to fix this as this is a paid subscription and the freebies are getting better results.

Completely agree, I'm almost to the point of canceling the online option to my Sirius account. The only reason I pay the extra 3 bucks is to listen on my Epic. If it's not going to perform as intended, it's not worth my money.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Completely agree, I'm almost to the point of canceling the online option to my Sirius account. The only reason I pay the extra 3 bucks is to listen on my Epic. If it's not going to perform as intended, it's not worth my money.

Also should say they Sirius app works as it should on my wifes Blackberry. So I am not sure if its an Android thing or an Epic issue.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just played the Sirius app for about 35 minutes and it didn't pause once. Maybe the official Froyo update fixed whatever the streaming issue was with this app. Anyone else have any luck?

hal1963

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Sirius XM

I know this issue has been somewhat discussed elsewhere in the Samsung Epic forum, but are there indeed Samsung Epic users who are using the Sirius app successfully? It does not work for me, and some of the steps in the posted MSL-related fix for the Evo don't apply to the Samung Epic as far as I can tell. Thank you.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I know this issue has been somewhat discussed elsewhere in the Samsung Epic forum, but are there indeed Samsung Epic users who are using the Sirius app successfully? It does not work for me, and some of the steps in the posted MSL-related fix for the Evo don't apply to the Samung Epic as far as I can tell. Thank you.

Working fine my Epic and Evo. The Evo fix you mention is specific to the Evo 3.70 update and does not apply to the Epic.

Are you entering your user name and password correctly?

hal1963

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Working fine my Epic and Evo. The Evo fix you mention is specific to the Evo 3.70 update and does not apply to the Epic.

Are you entering your user name and password correctly?

Thanks to both of you for letting me know it does indeed work with the Epic. I do have the correct name and password as I checked it on the online site. Sometimes I get the message "invalid login," and sometimes says the system is too busy, try again later.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Just to be sure, did you pay for the online service? You need to along with whatever radios you have registered with them, it used to be free, now its a few bucks a month. You prob did but just making sure.

The app does work, but there are times where it will fail but those are due to thier internet feed. Even though they now charge for it, SiriusXm doesn't pay alot of attention to it.

Don't bother calling them, they have the worse customer service in history.

hal1963

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just to be sure, did you pay for the online service? You need to along with whatever radios you have registered with them, it used to be free, now its a few bucks a month. You prob did but just making sure.

The app does work, but there are times where it will fail but those are due to thier internet feed. Even though they now charge for it, SiriusXm doesn't pay alot of attention to it.

Don't bother calling them, they have the worse customer service in history.

Mike...that was it, thanks so much! Have a nice day.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I listen to sirius for almost 8 hours a day and only have it stop periodically for inactivity. That bugs the crap out of me. Just because I don't change channels, it pauses do to inactivity. But that is only after several hours of play.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX