Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default two facebook accounts with different sync options?

havent seen a discussion about this but apologies if there was, when i set up my contacts and synched with my facebook i noticed two facebook accounts with different synch options one SNS, contacts and calendar and the other just contacts... i was wondering if anyone could explain the difference and why two accounts and not one since it's the same service and they reffer the same account

thanks

One is part of the OS/system. The other is from the updated application. If you hadn't updated your facebook app, you'd only see one.
    Thanked by:

I had the same question but I only wanted the calender sync and not the double contacts so I still have the stock 2.1 on my epic and just updated the app but when I go back to the facebook app I choose never sync when I first launch the app after updating and if at anytime it upgrades and I see double facebook sync I delete the updates and start from stock and update again
    Thanked by:

The contacts only is the Android app. The other is the one that came with the phone as ericdives stated.

The Android app seems to work much better, but for me, it doesnt sync the contact pics into messaging and phone calls.

Another unusual thing I notice. There are a few contacts I have that don't sync with one or the other account. Maybe it's just a FB thing?

I just got my epic today and can anyone tell me, is it better to have twitter and fb apps sync contacts or the OS integration do it?