1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Error

Hey guys,
    I have had nothing but problems with my Epic 4G since I got it a couple of weeks ago. For the past couple of days, I've been given notifications that my log-in sessions for both facebook and twitter have expired. When I go to my Accounts and Sync menu, it says, "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". I have rebooted the phone, and I have even deleted the accounts and started them over from scratch.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JihadJoe; 01-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.

I have been having the same problem with both Twitter and Facebook. I have had the Epic for a week now, and i love the phone, but both me and my wife have had the same issue. She had the issue from day one-i just started having the problem.
    I read online that to fix the Facebook issue, go to your Manage Applications and uninstall updates for Facebook for Android. So far, this seems to have worked.

I am still working on the Twitter issue.
    If you noticed, in your Accounts & Sync, you have 2 Facebook and 2 Twitter. i am going to remove one of the Twitter accts and see what it does. When i removed the updates for Facebook, it removed the 2nd acct in Sync.

If anyone has any other info to help with this issue, please reply!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JihadJoe View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have had nothing but problems with my Epic 4G since I got it a couple of weeks ago. For the past couple of days, I've been given notifications that my log-in sessions for both facebook and twitter have expired. When I go to my Accounts and Sync menu, it says, "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". I have rebooted the phone, and I have even deleted the accounts and started them over from scratch.

Any ideas?
    Probably not the same problem, but I got this message when I had to change a password for one of my accounts and it synced before I was able to change the password on my phone. Once I entered the new password on my phone, it was fine. If you have recreated the accounts from scratch, I assume you have been putting in the correct password, but just thought I would mention that this is what triggered the "Sync is currently experiencing problems" message for me. Good luck.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by nicbry9104 View Post
    I read online that to fix the Facebook issue, go to your Manage Applications and uninstall updates for Facebook for Android. So far, this seems to have worked.
    Well, as a matter of fact, I did have two facebook applications in my sync menu, but only one for twitter. I uninstalled the updates for android, and reverted back to the factory version. Lets see if this helps....

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

I'm having the same problem. I figured it's just Facebook and Twitter. It has happened before...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am still working on the Twitter issue.
    So far, this has worked for me also. I don't have the current version of fb on my phone, but that's a small price to pay I guess. Now - what to do about Twitter....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Update:
    I have started to get the error message again (that was a glorious day and a half). After reading the article at I tried these steps:

1. Removed fb and twitter accounts
    2. Went Contacts > Menu > Get Friends > Add Account > FB
    3. While setting up the fb acct, I unchecked "Sync all contacts"
    4. Went Contacts > Menu > Get Friends > FB
    5. Selected the friends I wanted

This has worked very well for both fb and twitter. I know the downside here is that I will have to update my friends manually, but that's not near as annoying as the "session expired" notifications I was getting every few minutes.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

hmm, I had trouble all day with my exchange email failing to sync. Everything else would including contacts and calender. tried deleting the account-adding it back, sync only 14 days, with and without wifi it would only show existing emails, with an error and no push.

I gave up, came home, tried again.. now it works.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

It started working for me too. I just left the apps alone for a few days and this evening they started working again once i re-entered my passwords.

Default sync error with 2.1 upgrade

hi all

i was having the same issue when i upgraded to 2.1-i was receiving an error message when i tried to sync my google contacts and fb pics/info were not syncing.

this is what i did to fix: i went into my gmail online, went to contacts, marked all of them "starred on android."

after this, everything synced perfectly
    good luck!

Default Re: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back sho

Hey guys,
    I had the same error message on my HTC Desire, until today. Tried the previous post's solution (starred on android), but no luck.

Found a different solution on another forum and tried it just now. It worked so far. Thought I'd share since this is so frustrating.

- First, I would recommend backing up all your contacts on your phone to the SD card. Also, backup all your contacts on Google.com/contacts/ (or from GMail) to your computer.
    - Next thing I did (don't know if it is necessary) was delete all contacts on my phone. Did this by going into People, menu/Delete, menu/Select All, and then Delete. I had contacts in both my Google database and my Phone database. So I deleted all contacts in both databases (People, menu/View, Google & Phone).
    - Next I turned off all syncing (don't know if this is necessary). Home, menu/Settings/Accounts & sync/Auto-sync off. Also selected Google under Manage Accounts, then unchecked Sync contacts, Sync Gmail, & Sync Calendar.
    - Then (I think this is the main solution) I cleared data in the Contacts Storage app. Home, menu/settings/applications, Manage applications/All, Contacts Storage, select Clear Data. This is quite severe, deleting all your contacts, mail, who knows what else, but I did it.
    - Then just for good measure, I powered the phone off and back on. Then re-enabled the syncing for contacts only, which took a while. No errors, and it looks like all contacts came in from Gmail.

Well, hopefully it is fixed for good. Too early to tell. Hope it helps you guys. Good luck.
    Retired Ambassador

I had the same issue with my calender not syncing (same message). Just cleared the cache on my calender and it was fixed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Default Re: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back sho

I was at firist getting sync error message for my Facebook account but I hope I have now fixed this by clicking on ( Don't Sync ) when I have logged into Facebook and then I have gone into Settings > Add Account > Facebook > Sync Contacts so it's working will.

And I have just started to have the same problem with Twitter I can Sync Twitter but I can't Sync Contacts I've had to untick the tick box for Sync Contacts for Twitter

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by sangar View Post
    I was at firist getting sync error message for my Facebook account but I hope I have now fixed this by clicking on ( Don't Sync ) when I have logged into Facebook and then I have gone into Settings > Add Account > Facebook > Sync Contacts so it's working will.

And I have just started to have the same problem with Twitter I can Sync Twitter but I can't Sync Contacts I've had to untick the tick box for Sync Contacts for Twitter
    Hi, this thread and this problem are really old (most posts are over one year old) and hopefully should no longer be happening on updated Epic 4G's. If you're having issues, you should try clearing Twitter data and if that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes things. Since you're having issues with Fb sync as well, it could also be a problem with your contact info, so you may want to try clearing data on your contacts app (assuming they're already backed up, of course). If none of these solutions work, I'd need more info about your phone, such as what ROM you're running, etc.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't been able to sync twitter contacts for a few months and read it was a twitter issue and finally gave up. I came accross this thread and tried again. I'm no longer getting an unable to sync error, but they aren't syncing. I guess I'll be looking into this now.

Sent from my GT-P7510

Yeah, so it's a twitter issue and been going on for momths... Disappointing...

Sent from my GT-P7510

Angry Re: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Error

e: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Error I get this on my samsung smart phone and it has not updated my eail in about 6 weeks, i have tried the suggestion is the forum on this subject including deleting my contacts and rebooting, turning off all sync, etc. nothing works and now i dont know how to get the contacts back that i deleted to the sd card. it does not recognize my password eithier yet it works on the computer?? not sure where to turn next ?

Default Re: sync error with 2.1 upgrade

please tell me where can I find STARRED ON ANDROID in GMAIL contacts ...

Quote Originally Posted by jmullen1251 View Post
    hi all

i was having the same issue when i upgraded to 2.1-i was receiving an error message when i tried to sync my google contacts and fb pics/info were not syncing.

this is what i did to fix: i went into my gmail online, went to contacts, marked all of them "starred on android."

after this, everything synced perfectly
    good luck!