No Contact Pictures in Messaging

2MCHPSI

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue with my Epic. My contacts are sync'd with Google and FB, but I still cannot get any pictures to load for contacts in my messages. 2 People show up and they have pictures in the contacts assigned from teh phone. When I try to do this with ANY other contact that is linked with FB or Gmail it does not show any contact picture. It's rather annoying.

Anyone else run into this? I checked other messaging no pic threads but none of them seemed to be the same issue I am having.

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the same prob my fix was to install handcent from the market. Its much better than the stock app

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

2MCHPSI

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, so if I manually add a picture to the contact from the gallery, it shows up in messaging. If the picture is from a synched account, it will not show... hope that helps any of you, help me.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
from my understanding and use: if you sync with the facebook application it will not sync to the messaging application.

If you use the integrated facebook account sync it will. However, I have had issues with that. Not syncing certain contact s or updating. Then later on possibly days the pictures would appear.

Py Thon

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I am having an issue with my Epic. My contacts are sync'd with Google and FB, but I still cannot get any pictures to load for contacts in my messages. 2 People show up and they have pictures in the contacts assigned from teh phone. When I try to do this with ANY other contact that is linked with FB or Gmail it does not show any contact picture. It's rather annoying.

Anyone else run into this? I checked other messaging no pic threads but none of them seemed to be the same issue I am having.

Have the same issue on my LG G Stylo MS631 running Marshmallow. Contact images show sometimes but not often. Mostly I have a blank image and once in a while a single, or a few, pictures will appear and then quickly they are gone again next time I use the stock text messenging app. I should not have to install 3rd party applications to run my stock android device. This is purely an Android 6.0 Marshmallow issue that needs to be addressed and resolved. It is a total pain to have to flip through messages to figure out if the person (only showing as a number) is the correct recipient. Otherwise those pics ment for my wife might end up being sent to my father.lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463