Sprint's Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EB13

How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Got another stupid question lol I know it will need to be rerooted but will z4root work just as it did before? or will i have to use a more complicated method

sneezy316

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Got another stupid question lol I know it will need to be rerooted but will z4root work just as it did before? or will i have to use a more complicated method

Once and if EB13 is out. I'm sure the good folks at XDA will be able to get us a root method. Until then we wait and see.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question... i am "stock", so what is this update going to mean for me? New programs, faster processing??

Here is a list of general features of Froyo. There will likely also be Epic-specific improvements, but we'll have to wait for a change log on those.

I appreciate your help ragnarokx =)

No problemo. And welcome to the forum! :D

As stated in the above post, we won't know how to root it until it's in our hands.

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, did the EXT4 conversion and am running midNIGHT ROM v3.1. Finally got my GPS and voice mail issues resolved, so I'm pretty happy with my set up as it is, but would like the official version when it is finally rolled out. Am I understanding correctly that I will need to wait until a kernel for EXT4 comes out for the official Froyo release if I don't want to flash back to stock?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, did the EXT4 conversion and am running midNIGHT ROM v3.1. Finally got my GPS and voice mail issues resolved, so I'm pretty happy with my set up as it is, but would like the official version when it is finally rolled out. Am I understanding correctly that I will need to wait until a kernel for EXT4 comes out for the official Froyo release if I don't want to flash back to stock?

Correct. 99.9% positive official Froyo will be RFS Filesystem based.

Reactions: bigrawr

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Correct. 99.9% positive official Froyo will be RFS Filesystem based.

Thanks for the reply. Since this is the case, what exactly is a kernel, in layman's terms? I'm pretty sure I haven't worked with one before so I'm not real familiar with how they work. Or if someone could provide a link explaining it, that would be great also.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on stock froyo and rooted. So I guess I'll be able to flash the new update with clockwork. But how do I go about backing up apps and all data? can't use clockwork, because it will give me back dk28, right?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm on stock froyo and rooted. So I guess I'll be able to flash the new update with clockwork. But how do I go about backing up apps and all data? can't use clockwork, because it will give me back dk28, right?

You can backup your information with Titanium Backup or MyBackup. When we get a deodexed/rooted version of official Froyo then you can install that and restore.

It could be soon after the OTA release or a few days before we have a deodexed/rooted version. I'm sure every dev out there is going to be attacking this ASAP.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Hopefully I can resolve the problems I've been having with clockwordmod 3 and flash this later...

You can only flash this with odin right now I think.

If you want to flash this with CWM3 then you'll have to wait till someone make a .zip for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs