EB13 vs. DK28

Sprintguy1376

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew any of the differences between EB13 and DK28?

I'm running TrulyEpic right now.. and I'm lovin' it, and I'm wondering if it's even worth upgrading to EB13.

Is there anything vastly superior about it?

I really don't want to lose all my Angry Birds levels again...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I would assume its supposed to work. As do the custom roms, I still had bugs with them. And I'm assuming this official update will too. I guess its all about picking which bugs you want to deal with.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
^ this

No way to know until a change log is release, as well as the update. I'm guessing it will have some minor additional features (see the recent Fascinate leak for possibilities), and some different bugs.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I really don't want to lose all my Angry Birds levels again...

If you're on TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5, look on your SD card in the "app" folder. There is an app called MyBackup Root, that can backup your Angry Birds levels - when you backup choose "APKs + Data". You can also download MyBackup Root from the Market.

Reactions: Sprintguy1376

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
If you use the samsung desk or car dock, then audio out should work with EB13.

This is the main reason I will be moving to EB13 from TrulyEPIC. But as soon as an EXT4 file system ROM/Kernel comes out for EB13, I will be using that. The performance boost from EXT4 is great but I want to use my desk and car dock's audio ports, thats partly why I bought them!

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Problems from leaked Froyo DK28 not fixed in EB13

Here is what a noticed so far. The android keyboard has no auto complete, Samsung keyboard has no option to disable sound on keypress and sometimes wifi does not connect. How did they screw up the keyboard especially since the same problem existed in the leak. If this bothers anyone you should install the Gingerbread keyboard.

Edit: Sorry posted in wrong section

Last edited:

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the keyboard problems exist with mine, too. After so many delays and time spent testing, it's truly sad that no one cared to fix the android keyboard dictionary. It just pops up contact names and basic punctuation symbols... same as DK28.

I guess they just expect everyone to use Swype or something? I go back and forth between Swype and SwiftKey, although I always liked the simplicity of the basic android keyboard. I might look into the GB keyboard at some point, just for kicks.

Edit: Oh, and my wi-fi seems to be working fine, at least here at home. On DK28 it would work fine for a while and then occasionally go into an "Error" state, requiring a reboot to get it back online. I'll have to test it for a few days to see if this all got fully corrected.

Edit 2: They also left out the geo tagging toggle option in the camera settings (same as DK28), which is a step back with regard to privacy when uploading photos online. I'm quickly becoming frustrated with these oversights.

Last edited:

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the main reason I will be moving to EB13 from TrulyEPIC. But as soon as an EXT4 file system ROM/Kernel comes out for EB13, I will be using that. The performance boost from EXT4 is great but I want to use my desk and car dock's audio ports, thats partly why I bought them!

I updated to EB13 via update.zip last night and don't have the desktop dock audio out working yet. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or what. I'm not using the Samsung dock program. Also, Froyo makes the phone much snappier, so the move to EXT4 may not be as dramatic.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
other changes that I have noticed:
Clock also has World Clock, Stopwatch, and Timer. I can delete the one I downloaded
Free HD Game Icon that leads to a site to purchase games for $5
News & Weather Icon
Task Manager Icon

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
other changes that I have noticed:
Clock also has World Clock, Stopwatch, and Timer. I can delete the one I downloaded
Free HD Game Icon that leads to a site to purchase games for $5
News & Weather Icon
Task Manager Icon

All of those items were in the DK28 build...

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing that is NOT different from DK28 is a somewhat rare and weird issue I encounter about once a week. It's so frustrating that I seriously want to punt my phone into a lake when it happens.

Basically, the entire center portion of my screen will almost completely stop responding to screen taps. (mainly just with taps, not swipes) To put it into perspective, imagine a vertical line from the letter 'd' to the letter 'j' on the virtual keyboard-- all the way up and down the screen. It only happens on occasion, and always seemingly at random, but I obviously notice it the most when using the on-screen keyboard and only the left and right-most letters work. The center letters will sometimes work on about 1 out of every 10 taps. It's not limited to the keyboard either because when this happens I can usually switch to the dialer and find that the center column of the dialer keypad won't respond either. This usually only lasts for a couple of minutes before it magically fixes itself and all is well again with fully working screen taps all throughout.

This may not be the best place to post this, but it's a problem I had with DK28 and it seems to have carried over to EB13 for me. Perhaps I have a semi-faulty screen, or perhaps it's a bug that others experience? Anyone? :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae