The official "Thank you, Samsung!" thread

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I went there. :) Let's all thank Samsung for updating the Epic 4G! (I expect each and every one of us to do it, and I'll have my mother post her thanks later.)

p.s. This is all in good fun, people. :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Phil, were working hard to provide the best information and methods available for everyone here at Android Central.

P.S. Thank you Samsung!

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks to Samsung, and especially the AC Samsung Epic4G forum administrators for telling us how to do all this, so these annoying devices more or less work well!

IZZY Dead

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Sammy and thank you for the EQ in the Music Player. And remember, I was one of the one's that never spoke ill words against you.

ArcherBrianJames

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thanks so much for the overdue update. So far it wont sync with my google or twitter accounts, music player wont open, it won't read anything from my sd card, and the messaging app update is plain ugly (want the stock one back).

But other than that thanks! Now if only my phone worked as good as it did with 2.1 I'd be happy...with the syncing and all.

Anyone else having that problem

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
No...Screw Samsung....GIVE ME GINGERBREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is RIDICULOUS!! I paid $3209482 for my phone and I DESERVE to be updated to the latest software. All the money I pay...do they know who I am?!? Give me Gingerbread or I WILL take my business elsewhere....!!!!!!!!!

*Breathes*....

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah thanks so much for the overdue update. So far it wont sync with my google or twitter accounts, music player wont open, it won't read anything from my sd card, and the messaging app update is plain ugly (want the stock one back).

But other than that thanks! Now if only my phone worked as good as it did with 2.1 I'd be happy...with the syncing and all.

Anyone else having that problem

In short.....no....

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for what? No OTA update has come to my phone yet. I will believe it when I see it. The OTA is the only update I will load on my handset.

IZZY Dead

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for what? No OTA update has come to my phone yet. I will believe it when I see it. The OTA is the only update I will load on my handset.

If you will go here How Do I Update The Software On My Sprint SPH-d700 (Epic 4G) Phone To Android 2.2 Froyo EB13 Build From A PC?
The instructions are very detailed and it will take no more than 10 minutes excluding the download time for the update. It's a very simplified process, believe me. It took me all of 5 minutes including the download. I have Fibre for internet though.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thank you samsung???? what???? after all the constant waiting??? and this is probably the last update this phone will ever see so thanks for nothing Samsung......

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

You're joking, right?

The update has been on the Samsung support site for hours. Virtually everyone on AC and XDA that can use a mouse and read has the official EB14 Froyo on their devices. The OTA wont be completed for a few days but if you've got the computer savvy you can easily do it yourself.

There is absolutely no difference between the OTA and the file on the Samsung site...Both are official. One requires a little more work from you though. But dont complain if you arent willing to put forth the effort. Sit and wait otherwise...

Either way you spin it though...Samsung did their part today.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

the manual version is already available and is the same exact version that is the OTA. I did it for the first time and it took 5 minutes. trust me, i wanted to wait for the OTA too, but its the difference between having official froyo now, or 5 days from now. It like a brand new phone with froyo!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
thank you samsung???? what???? after all the constant waiting??? and this is probably the last update this phone will ever see so thanks for nothing Samsung......

You people never stop, eh? Constant PMS for some of you...those tampons are surgically implanted...

We've got our Froyo...lets enjoy it and move on. There arent too many devices that see more than 2 Android updates in their lifetime anyway.

And even if we did see Gingerbread...I'm sure you people would find something to cry about then as well...

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
....why are"thanking" them for doing what they were PAID to do since (for some of us) since 8.31.10 I believe..?? If anything I want an apology for the delay...my payment wasn't delayed they suretook my money & sprint sure didn't wastetime charging $10 for "premium" data.......but I'm not here to complain just glad 2.2.1 is here LEGALLY! But further more.........this thread need be closed for respect to the tech community we don't need to kiss their ass they kiss ours they need OUR money! We as consumers have the power...sooner we grasp that..quicker we take back what's ours!....#freedom

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Note Phil did say "all in good fun" people. It wasn't meant to be so serious, but I understand the frustration and relief of you guys/gals feelings after waiting and then finally getting the update. Congratulations though, I'm still waiting on the update for my Captivate, lol..ugh!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc