Samsung Epic EB13 (Froyo) Bugs

esuuuu09

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
just went to nfl.com on my dolphin browser. Directed to Mobile but you can scroll down and click "full site" and it displays it fine. it might be a setting somewhere whether to prefer mobile or full site.

Reactions: Raf

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
-No music widget. Coming from the EVO, a music widget is nice to have. I know there's Pandora or whatever. But what I mean is a widget you use to control the music stored on your phone's memory or that of your SD card. Perhaps there is one now and I've missed it. If so, please fill me in on where to find it or where to get a 3rd party widget that looks pretty nice and gives me this feature.

Play something and look at your notification bar.

Reactions: Raf

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
refreshing for pics are SLOW. When switching from camera to pics (via the gallery) it can take as long as 50 seconds before the photos start showing up. i only have 300 pics on my phone, and 14 gigs of free space on the memory card.

I currently have over 2000 pics on my phone and on 2.1 it was insanely fast still and the gallery flew in in just a couple secs.. On DK28 it was a SLOW crawl and for the short time I had EB13 up and running I noticed that DK28 was still faster.. I personally think it is the useless Gallery animations they added that is slowing it down..

Reactions: antmon1

esuuuu09

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
emails won't delete in gmail (happening on 2 epics)

When I delete apps some have left blank spaces in the app screens, can't get the rest to shift to fill in the spaces

On some websites if I click a button on the page it launches the screen keyboard and covers half the screen, can't close it without opening and closing the slideout keyboard

I believe someone already answered the apps thing. It was present in dk28 as well. just click the menu--> edit --> a-z sort.

For the keyboard, that bothered me at first too, but if you click the "back" key, it will take you out of the keyboard. hope this helps.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
just went to nfl.com on my dolphin browser. Directed to Mobile but you can scroll down and click "full site" and it displays it fine. it might be a setting somewhere whether to prefer mobile or full site.

Got it to work. I changed my user agent to Android. That's the only way I got it to work. That's odd because Desktop should be the right choice. Anyhow, I did was you suggested and it did work, flicking down at the bottom and selecting Full Site. I wonder if I'll still be able to view it going back to Desktop user agent.

Edit: changed it to desktop...all is well now. Hmm....wonder what it was. Maybe it was just hiccuping. Like I said, I would click on Full Site and it would still load the mobile version. Not now. Awesome!

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Play something and look at your notification bar.

Pretty cool. Very cool actually. Still though, would be nice to not have to pull the notification bar and instead just have the widget there. Minor. This is progress though. Better than nothing. Thanks. Also, am glad the music player is more robust now along with the clock app. :)

Bowa11

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been decreased and not too happy about that.

Also, there are more applications that are running and wonder if I need to kill any of these (using the phones manage) like we have to do with the .drm file that needs to be killed in order for the phone to go into sleep mode (which I am disappointed was never fixed with this current update).

System updates is running now
google services framework is running
makesimdbservice is new
Qik starts up all the time

anyone know if these are important and need to run or can I stop them to better my battery life?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well...updated my thread starting post. My google services are back now. Took them some time but my phone little by little is ironing out all the wrinkles. You can pretty much consider my concerns moot. :p

This is good! Wow!

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
-No music widget. Coming from the EVO, a music widget is nice to have. I know there's Pandora or whatever. But what I mean is a widget you use to control the music stored on your phone's memory or that of your SD card. Perhaps there is one now and I've missed it. If so, please fill me in on where to find it or where to get a 3rd party widget that looks pretty nice and gives me this feature.

Look in the market for Samsung Galaxy S Music Widget (by demboos)

Reactions: bigtimeweb and Raf

AgentRedlum

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've seen two issues pop up that I can't figure out:

1. The screen takes forever to auto rotate between landscape and portrait modes.

2. The Android keyboard sucks at word suggestion and predictive text. Doesn't seem to be working like it used too. User error?

Anyone else have these issues?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
refreshing for pics are SLOW. When switching from camera to pics (via the gallery) it can take as long as 50 seconds before the photos start showing up. i only have 300 pics on my phone, and 14 gigs of free space on the memory card.

phone seems fast at some points, but sluggish at others.

really would have rather wished a 100% working upgrade instead of one that's 90% working. :\

I noticed this issue in DK28 as well. But this version definitely appears more polished than DK28, imo.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen two issues pop up that I can't figure out:

1. The screen takes forever to auto rotate between landscape and portrait modes.
Requires Root - Terminal Emulator from the Market

Enter:
su (click enter and accept root access)

/system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha (click enter)

It will prompt you to calibrate. (I found laying the phone with keyboard open flat on its back and holding it steady while pressing enter will work best)

Exit app when finish and power off your screen then wake the device back up and your calibrated! Rotation lag gone.

2. The Android keyboard sucks at word suggestion and predictive text. Doesn't seem to be working like it used too. User error?
They changed something in the keyboard...

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
Bring up applications in Grid View (check the "Menu" button with applications up).

Hit "Menu" and then "Edit". You should be able to drag and drop your apps to and from the TW home bar and the apps list.

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing a number of force close issues (music, camera, gallery, etc.) and the alarm not working, all of which will hopefully be fixed by formatting the SD card tonight. The one issue I haven't really seen explored yet is that streaming radio/music has taken a turn for the worse, and is constantly re-buffering. I'm on WiFi, same as I always have been in the past. Web speed and download speeds are regular, so it doesn't appear to be a connection/quality issue. But when using TuneIn and Xiia Live (tried multiple channels on each) it is constantly cutting out and re-buffering.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I'm having a brain fart.

There's some apps I want to recommend to some family and friends.

What is the process in doing this without having to go into the Market place and recommend each app one by one?

rrpowelljr

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Front facing camera shows profile video at 90 degrees angle

I have had an Epic 4G for little over a month now. All and all its a good phone, bet ever since the upgrade to Froyo, I have had a problem with the front facing camera. When using it with video chat apps like Fring and Yahoo Messenger, the window that shows my portrait video is always at a 90 degrees angle to the right and when taking a self portrait with the camera app, if you hold the phone right side up the pic looks like it comes out fine, but when you try to send the pick, it comes out at 90 degree angle. Tried calling sprint support and there answer was wait and see if Fring and Yahoo will come out with a update/fix for there app. If anyone else have a better answer, will very much appreciate it.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had an Epic 4G for little over a month now. All and all its a good phone, bet ever since the upgrade to Froyo, I have had a problem with the front facing camera. When using it with video chat apps like Fring and Yahoo Messenger, the window that shows my portrait video is always at a 90 degrees angle to the right and when taking a self portrait with the camera app, if you hold the phone right side up the pic looks like it comes out fine, but when you try to send the pick, it comes out at 90 degree angle. Tried calling sprint support and there answer was wait and see if Fring and Yahoo will come out with a update/fix for there app. If anyone else have a better answer, will very much appreciate it.

Fring has video conferencing again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta