1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1 EB13

Unhappy 2.2.1 EB13 Haptic feedback/vibration issue?

Hi, I'm having issues with my epic 4g after manually updating to 2.2.1.
    I used the manual update method through the update.zip file.
    It was directly after the update that my handset starting acting strangely.
    Whenever I press any of the touch sensitive buttons (menu, home, back...), the phone vibrates and makes a weird sound
    it's this weird buzzing sound
    I reset the handset to factory default.
    Completely clean to 2.2.1
    and it would still make the strange noise
    any haptic feedback would make the strange sound
    including the keys at the bottom and typing on the soft keyboard.

Please help!
    Thank you!

Your haptic feedback, touch tones, audible selections, and/or screen lock sound are probably on. You can turn it off by going to settings > sound > uncheck feedback/tones/selections/lock until you are satisfied!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1 EB13

Haha, well. I know that the handset's supposed to vibrate. The point is that when it does, it makes an abnormal sound and sorta beeps. It makes me think that the vibrating component is making improper contact or something.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Mine sounds the same way and and I hate the beeping sound, I just want the vibration.

Default Weird vibrate...

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to 2.2. It is driving me insane!!

Has anyone found a solution? I'm desperate.

Regards,
    Bob

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

I don't have that.. Probably because I just keep my phone on silent and/or keep the vibration on low..dunno..
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

Try turning the vibration intensity up. When mine is almost on the lowest, the vibration is so faint it kinda sounds like a beep, if that makes any sense.

I've tried it all. I hear what you saying. It's just weird that the vibrate changed after the upgrade. I thought it might be a software problem, and that someone might have some solution. If it keeps on irritating me like this i'll take it for repairs....mission!!!

This is probably a result of a bad upgrade or a Froyo EB13 bug that some people are having. I doubt if your hardware decided to go bad just because you upgraded to Froyo EB13
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1 EB13

Yeah, but the thing is, after I noticed this problem, I hard reset my phone again--but this time with the update.exe file (The one that you run from your PC to the handset plugged into the USB). Strangely enough, the problem persisted.

Btw, I've kept my vibration settings the same ever since I've gotten it, and it's never made this noise before.

On a side, but related note: When are they going to fix and release the non-glitchy, REAL 2.2?! After they released EB13, it seems all talk about 2.2 just died down. Does anyone have any idea when, or what happened to it?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by cytark View Post
    Yeah, but the thing is, after I noticed this problem, I hard reset my phone again--but this time with the update.exe file (The one that you run from your PC to the handset plugged into the USB). Strangely enough, the problem persisted.

Btw, I've kept my vibration settings the same ever since I've gotten it, and it's never made this noise before.

On a side, but related note: When are they going to fix and release the non-glitchy, REAL 2.2?! After they released EB13, it seems all talk about 2.2 just died down. Does anyone have any idea when, or what happened to it?
    Don't know how many fixes will be implemented but an update for froyo is being pushed this week.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not sure if this will apply to you or not, but after reading this thread I have noticed that my phone "buzzed" as well.
    I turned the vibration intensity down. You can find it under settings>sound.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1 EB13

Just installed Froyo EC05 this morning, and the issue still seems to be unresolved. Any luck with any of you after the update to EC05?