Just updated to EB13 and my phone works great!

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Just kinda tiresome to see all these "OMG MY PHONE BROKE" threads so I wanted to make a thread about how happy you are with your new update and your epic that finally works.

I can understand people have problems with their update and I'm not in any way taking away from the severity of their situation, I just wanted to make a happy thread without thanking Samsung...because they still don't deserve a thank you lol

_Bak_

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a huge improvement on the phone going to sleep when inactive. Night and day difference with the battery, even before i flashed the genocide kernel...

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed better performance and stability. The touchscreen seems to be better optimized too. I am getting far less accidental app launches now. I was beginning to really dislike this phone but this update may change my mind.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Completely stock install and have had no issues at all in regards to EB13. Phone feels like a completely new device now, and I am loving it.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just kinda tiresome to see all these "OMG MY PHONE BROKE" threads so I wanted to make a thread about how happy you are with your new update and your epic that finally works.

I can understand people have problems with their update and I'm not in any way taking away from the severity of their situation, I just wanted to make a happy thread without thanking Samsung...because they still don't deserve a thank you lol

Do me a favor, go into camera mode select the "sport" option and try to take a picture. Oh yea then put the phone into sleep mode and try to wake it up again. Then say you have no issues. I dare ya! Hint.... the only way to fix it is a battery pull.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine's not absolutely perfect, but it's definitely good enough to make me happy. Really, coming from webOS, I don't like Android all that much but it makes for a nice app launcher, and all the apps I really need to use work wonderfully on the Epic.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It's like having a new phone. GPS lock in 10 seconds or less. I can watch videos with Flash. Browser is faster. Copy/paste and cursor select is better. Touchwiz doesn't suck as much anymore. Bluetooth is more stable. I'm finally a happy camper.

Nothing is perfect, but this is close enough.

TheHostileGamer

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Do me a favor, go into camera mode select the "sport" option and try to take a picture. Oh yea then put the phone into sleep mode and try to wake it up again. Then say you have no issues. I dare ya! Hint.... the only way to fix it is a battery pull.

Did this and when I chose sport my camera just force closed, granted its an error but not the severity your claiming.

Nvm just did it and it did the same, sucks but doesn't concern me much cause i don't use sport mode on my camera.

Still happy with this update

Last edited:

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The most important improvement I've found is the transition from the app view back to desktop is instant. With DK28 there was that hesitation until the desktop icon would display. Since everything else on my DK28 worked, and I am not suffering from the Sport issue, or the Gallery issue on EB13, I am a Happy Camper. Root, Ext4, and the Genocide (for the undervolt). I have a new phone :)

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having 0 issues with the Official Froyo?

I manually updated to the Official Froyo EB13 and im not having one issue with it. The phone is faster, camera and SD Card are working perfectly, auto rotation is instant...i could go on and on about how perfect everything is working. But it seems like the majority of people are having issues with it. I was jst wondering if anyone else has the official froyo working with no problems.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Before EB13, when you turned the volume down on the phone it would go from volume to vibrate to silent. Now, after the update, it goes straight to silent without the vibrate option. The only other option within settings>sounds, is vibrate only while not in silent mode.

So my question, and I started a thread about this too because I'm desperate, is where is my vibrate only option? Anyone?

Other than that I love Froyo on the EPIC, even if it isn't even my phone.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I turned on vibrate on everything in the settings, and with mine when i turn the volume down the lowest is vibrate. Also in the window shade when i hit silent mode it puts it on vibrate. Just the way I like it.

I gotta say I'm loving the update. There are so many details that they worked on that work great. The phone was great before but it feels a lot more polished to me now. I can't wait til it rolls out to everybody.

kc8flb

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
no it doesnt. i tested all the modes and they all work fine.

Same here, no problem at all with the sport/action mode.

I wiped the phone after installing froyo from the update.zip on the samsung website and manually reinstalled the apps, one after one.

I think this is the key!

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well i'm torn between the EB13 update myself. Currently only issue my phone has is when restoring SMS/MMS it seems to crash a few times, which i need to reboot and clear data a few times before it becomes stable. Sport camera works just fine, though i never even use it anyways. GPS is much faster and accurate to lock on, even inside my house. My last way of updating was to wipe my data, manually install EB13, and now using EXT4, TER v1.5, and Genocide

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

...so I said to myself, "Ok sure, why not? Can't happen to me as I've had absolutely no problems with my phone after the manual .zip update."

...ya....that didn't work out quite so well. I also found, at least in my case, it seems like I have to still do the airplane mode fix in order to get my cell standby from 50% back to 0%.

Other than these things, the update is great. Love the flash, speed, bluetooth voice dialing, app to SD card, and much more.