1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Default Do apps run differently on SD card than on phone storage?

i moved some apps to the SD card to free up some phone storage. will i notice any difference in performance with the apps running on the SD card?

I haven't noticed a difference. This is just where the apps are stored. They still actually run in the phone's 512K RAM.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 5.5 / Samurai 1.2.1

I actually fixed a lot of my lockups coupled with odd haptic feedback by moving them back to phone. Not sure which one it was that was causing it, however. Also, if they have widgets that you use you will no longer be able to use them if you move it to SD

Is there a way to download new apps directly to the sd card? can't figure it out. I'm not rooted.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by mcp6530 View Post
    Is there a way to download new apps directly to the sd card? can't figure it out. I'm not rooted.
    in the settings, go into applications>manage applications, click on the app u wanna move, then click move to SD card. i dont think theres a way to have it go directly to the SD card

App2SD is a good app that will help in moving apps to SD. It has a notification upon an apps installation to let you know if you can move it, and it can scan your phone for all apps eligible for movement.
    Thanked by: