Battery Full Notification after 2.2 update

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about the annoying popup notification of "Battery Full, Unplug Phone" on the Epic since the 2.2 update. This makes my phone unusable for a bedside alarm clock, as the popup is loud and bright and requires touching OK to dismiss it. I have found some posts describing some hidden menus and ability to enter a code to stop this notification in another Android phone, but I have tried the steps described there and they don't seem to work for the Epic. Is there any hope of this being hacked so that an app could turn off the notification? I would certainly pay for such a feature.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about the annoying popup notification of "Battery Full, Unplug Phone" on the Epic since the 2.2 update. This makes my phone unusable for a bedside alarm clock, as the popup is loud and bright and requires touching OK to dismiss it. I have found some posts describing some hidden menus and ability to enter a code to stop this notification in another Android phone, but I have tried the steps described there and they don't seem to work for the Epic. Is there any hope of this being hacked so that an app could turn off the notification? I would certainly pay for such a feature.

this has been around since 2.1 Eclair. it is annoying to have that bright screen going on at 3am, but mine shuts off automatically, like if i dont press OK. And the alarm still goes off from when i set it. So im not sure whats going on with yours

Reactions: rweiss

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
this has been around since 2.1 Eclair. it is annoying to have that bright screen going on at 3am, but mine shuts off automatically, like if i dont press OK. And the alarm still goes off from when i set it. So im not sure whats going on with yours

I'm sure my screen used to turn off before the update. Now it always stays on forever until I dismiss the notification. I do have a different alarm clock installed, so maybe that is the difference. I'll try uninstalling that and see if at least the screen turns off.

I'm not rooted, but guess I could look into that. Not too excited about rooting but may have to do so. Thanks for the info.

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It was indeed an installed alarm clock that made my notification of full battery stay lit forever. I have uninstalled that and so now the notification still pops up and chimes, but at least the screen turns off. (Of course, I now don't have a dimable alarm clock!) Now if there were only a simple way (I would rather not root) to get rid of the popup altogether . . .

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree, the whole pop up is annoying and pointless. The charging light turns blue when fully charged, why isn't that enough??

sent via Tapatalk on my Epic 4G

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock alarm clock and like it just fine but maybe I don't know what I'm missing. What is the advantage of the "dimable alarm clock"?

I prefer an easy to read large digital clock display with the ability to make it very dim so there is not a bright light in the room at night generated by the clock. I had this on my Palm Pre and it is one of the few things I miss.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I place the phone with the screen facing down on my nightstand since the speaker is on the back of the phone. Do agree though that the pop up is annoying and not necessary!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try "Night Clock: Donate" exactly as I have typed it. For a dollar you get a dim alarm clock that the notice will turn off on. Color of numbers is fully customizable on a fully black background. Works great on my fascinate.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try "Night Clock: Donate" exactly as I have typed it. For a dollar you get a dim alarm clock that the notice will turn off on. Color of numbers is fully customizable on a fully black background. Works great on my fascinate.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't get the Battery Full Notice to turn off by itself with this clock.

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only option at this point is rooting and flashing a .zip that kills the popup.

The popup never bothered me since the screen went back to sleep. Just had to click ok once I woke the phone up in the morning. Now it's not there anymore :)

Reactions: rweiss

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz