Music Player Force Closing On Next Song

jojoyohan

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
At the end of any song or whenever I press the "Next" button the music app will hang and then force close out to the song selection screen after a few seconds. Has anyone else had this happen and been able to fix it?

I removed a few bloatware apps but I don't think any of them should cause this issue. As stated in the bug thread I formatted my SD card but that did not fix the issue.

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
At the end of any song or whenever I press the "Next" button the music app will hang and then force close out to the song selection screen after a few seconds. Has anyone else had this happen and been able to fix it?

I removed a few bloatware apps but I don't think any of them should cause this issue. As stated in the bug thread I formatted my SD card but that did not fix the issue.

I used to get this error when i got rid of drm service apk - "OmaDRMconfigService.drm" using the samsung app remover. could that be the problem for you?

ZaydaBayda

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i got rid of drm service apk - "OmaDRMconfigService.drm" using the samsung app remover. could that be the problem for you?
This is the problem... I have removed the DRM apks myself. I used Root Explorer to put the back into /system/app... You have to move them to /system/app then reboot your phone right away.

anon(214110)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I think the DRM services are removed in most custom ROMs these days. I've been rooted and using a number of custom ROMS for awhile, and did not experience this issue until very recently.

I've searched the android community and there were several suggestions on reformatting the SD card. Tried it, but it did not work.

Still experiencing the same problem as noted in the OP.

anon(214110)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Installed the Android 3.0 Music Player that is in Gingerbread.

Android 3.0 Music Player

The FCs that occurred on "next song" have stopped. Music player now seems to work flawlessly (although not all album art is syncing with the player ... EDIT: just required re-downloading album art through one or more of the various apps in the market).

This may be just a work-a-round, because it doesn't really fix the issue I was having with the music player in Froyo. Maybe it was the install or apk I used? But it seemed like a number of people were having this issue throughout the Android community.

Anyway, you can be the judge of whether you like the new 3.0 music player. It still in beta. But I recommend trying this for anyone who has the problem noted in the OP.

Installation of 3.0 Music Player requires root access.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz