SD Card Transfer 8 minutes for 2gb?! (EB13 Stock)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have slow transfer times with the new update? I'm trying to transfer a movie (Less than 2gb) from my computer to the SD card. Seems way too long. Didn't take this long last time I tried to do it on DI18.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have slow transfer times with the new update? I'm trying to transfer a movie (Less than 2gb) from my computer to the SD card. Seems way too long. Didn't take this long last time I tried to do it on DI18.

Are you trying to use tethering USB or wifi or have the phone set as USB so it will act like anyold drive in a cpu?

i find thats the fastest way for me transfer a movie in the past but so far i have not tried since some remodeling

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Well its a rather slow memory card only a class 2 I replaced mine with a class 6 card and anything and every thing with media seems to run a lot faster even file transfers...

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, a class 2 card (what comes with the phone) is rated at about 2 MB/sec. a full 2 GB transfer would take in the ballpark of 16-20 minutes or so.

Also: As far as i'm aware, mircoSD cards in 32GB size currently only come in class 2. Granted, it's been a while since i've looked into it (which was when i bought my 32 GB card) so that could have changed at this point, but if you do find one, it's likely to be rather pricey.

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
invest in 32 gb sd card

Hmm. I don't remember it being that slow though. Maybe I'll invest in a 32gb. Muahaha.

i did that today and then transfered everything from phone to sd card that would transfer.. so far everything is a dream....
best expect to hand out some big bucks for it though.. i looked everywhere and ended up at verizon,, with a discount it was still $109 and some change..but it appears to be very fast..

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I do! I transfer movies constantly from my PC to Epic. Transfer speeds were much quicker with DI18. On EB13, I'm getting between 2 to 4.5MBs/sec. from PC to Epic. However, from Epic to PC on EB13, I'm getting 11 to 15MBs/sec. At this point, I'm actually thinking about going back to DI18 (very easy to do!) because it just works much better than EB13!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I do! I transfer movies constantly from my PC to Epic. Transfer speeds were much quicker with DI18. On EB13, I'm getting between 2 to 4.5MBs/sec. from PC to Epic. However, from Epic to PC on EB13, I'm getting 11 to 15MBs/sec. At this point, I'm actually thinking about going back to DI18 (very easy to do!) because it just works much better than EB13!

Yea, that's about my Speed. Was gonna transfer 2 movies under 4 gb said 24 minute eta. Crazy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair