Froyo Fragged Bluetooth

Princeps

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So I was one of the (un)lucky few to download EB13 off Samsung's site, and now my Epic cannot recognize my Jawbone. Any options to fix this, short of a hard reset?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my wife's Epic when it was first updated. The Epic wouldn't connect to my wife's cars bluetooth. I restarted the phone and still the same problem. I decided to do the hard reset after backing up all her data. I formatted the SD card and then did the hard reset. Now most everything works with EB13, except the Sports setting for the Camera and a few small glitches here and there. My wife did say that the battery life is unbelievable with the update. Her phone use to be dead by 4 PM. With the same usage, she still has 47% left when she gets home at 8 PM. To answer your question, you might have to bite the bullet and do a hard reset to get it to work.

Princeps

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Well that didn't work - did a hard reset this morning and the phone still won't recognize my Jawbone (which my wife's phone has no problem recognizing). Any other options, short of getting a new phone?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Try unpairing your BT and then pair it again - it should ask you for a new code usually I put in 0000 and then let it pair and everything should be good to go - I have found that to work after I have flash kernel patches. and after flashing it "sometimes" screws up the previous "pairing" problem.

Princeps

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Try unpairing your BT and then pair it again - it should ask you for a new code usually I put in 0000 and then let it pair and everything should be good to go - I have found that to work after I have flash kernel patches. and after flashing it "sometimes" screws up the previous "pairing" problem.

Since the phone cannot "see" my bluetooth device, I don't see how it is possible to unpair it...unless I'm missing something. When I access the Bluetooth settings screen on my Epic, no devices are shown, even though I had previously (before Froyo) paired the Jabra successfully. When I tell the phone to scan for devices, it says it can't find anything.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Since the phone cannot "see" my bluetooth device, I don't see how it is possible to unpair it...unless I'm missing something. When I access the Bluetooth settings screen on my Epic, no devices are shown, even though I had previously (before Froyo) paired the Jabra successfully. When I tell the phone to scan for devices, it says it can't find anything.

Sounds like you have to put your jawbone into a "pair mode" like you did when you first purchased it and possibly re-enter your code and put your phone in the "be discovered mode" so your jawbone can see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome