Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Epic 4G defrag

Greetings to all!

New user here and a rookie at going beyond calls/txt/applications.

Lately my phone had become slow when accessing things at my phone. I was wondering if there is a way to defrag the phone or anything else other than a task killer to improve speed accessing icons.

Quote Originally Posted by mattris View Post
    Greetings to all!

New user here and a rookie at going beyond calls/txt/applications.

Lately my phone had become slow when accessing things at my phone. I was wondering if there is a way to defrag the phone or anything else other than a task killer to improve speed accessing icons.
    There is no Defrag with memory based storage, just as with SSD drives. There is a great task killer built into the phone already (hold down home button) and stop any apps you do not want running. Android manages itself pretty well and I do NOT recommend getting ANY task killer app from the market or elsewhere. As for your slowing down, you've probably got too many apps running at once.
    Proud Galaxy Note 4 Owner

Cool Re: Samsung Epic 4G defrag

These are the best defragging programs I just connect the android to pc when my android sped down and soon as i found this link i ran the program with the highest amount of raves and like magic it was working like new and after that i did the same for my lagging mp3 players and everything loaded without a problem try it!

Five Best Disk Defragmentation Tools

Default Re: Samsung Epic 4G defrag

Quote Originally Posted by misticfire View Post
    These are the best defragging programs I just connect the android to pc when my android sped down and soon as i found this link i ran the program with the highest amount of raves and like magic it was working like new and after that i did the same for my lagging mp3 players and everything loaded without a problem try it!

Five Best Disk Defragmentation Tools
    You do realize that fragmentation on a memory based media (SD cards, SSD's) doesn't slow things down. What fragmentation slows down is a spinning disk is that it has to move the head around "looking" for the next sector of data that it needs. When memory can do that within a hundredth of a millisecond, fragged up or not, you're not slowing things down.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...