Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Epic 4G defrag

Greetings to all!

New user here and a rookie at going beyond calls/txt/applications.

Lately my phone had become slow when accessing things at my phone. I was wondering if there is a way to defrag the phone or anything else other than a task killer to improve speed accessing icons.

Quote Originally Posted by mattris View Post
    Greetings to all!

New user here and a rookie at going beyond calls/txt/applications.

Lately my phone had become slow when accessing things at my phone. I was wondering if there is a way to defrag the phone or anything else other than a task killer to improve speed accessing icons.
    There is no Defrag with memory based storage, just as with SSD drives. There is a great task killer built into the phone already (hold down home button) and stop any apps you do not want running. Android manages itself pretty well and I do NOT recommend getting ANY task killer app from the market or elsewhere. As for your slowing down, you've probably got too many apps running at once.
    Proud Galaxy S3 Owner

Cool Re: Samsung Epic 4G defrag

These are the best defragging programs I just connect the android to pc when my android sped down and soon as i found this link i ran the program with the highest amount of raves and like magic it was working like new and after that i did the same for my lagging mp3 players and everything loaded without a problem try it!

Five Best Disk Defragmentation Tools

Default Re: Samsung Epic 4G defrag

Quote Originally Posted by misticfire View Post
    These are the best defragging programs I just connect the android to pc when my android sped down and soon as i found this link i ran the program with the highest amount of raves and like magic it was working like new and after that i did the same for my lagging mp3 players and everything loaded without a problem try it!

Five Best Disk Defragmentation Tools
    You do realize that fragmentation on a memory based media (SD cards, SSD's) doesn't slow things down. What fragmentation slows down is a spinning disk is that it has to move the head around "looking" for the next sector of data that it needs. When memory can do that within a hundredth of a millisecond, fragged up or not, you're not slowing things down.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...