• Yes

32 29.36%
  • No

44 40.37%
  • Not sure yet

33 30.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who will jump ship to the EVO 3D?

I am curious who is thinking they will jump ship? Why and why not if thats the case?

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Nothing is official yet so I'm not soure yet... It looks promising but I want to wait to see what the Epic2 will look like ....
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I was almost set on the nexus. with those specs that is my phone of interest.

if those specs are correct and there is nothing else to compete I well be.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

After the whole froyo debacle my next phone will either be an htc or motorola phone for sprint. And that is if sprint doesn't get the iphone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gbonham View Post
    After the whole froyo debacle my next phone will either be an htc or motorola phone for sprint. And that is if sprint doesn't get the iphone.

I'm thinking about switching carriers... really isn't THAT much of a price difference anymore.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    I'm thinking about switching carriers... really isn't THAT much of a price difference anymore.
    Verizon would cost be about 60+ more for 2 lines with everything I have now.

I definitely think the EVO 3D specs are beyond anything else we have seen thus far, but I'm not sure that I need all of that right now. I'm just starting to use video chat, I don't have a 3D tv so recording 3D movies isn't going to be useful for me, and the original EVO is plenty fast for me so dual core seems like a waste for me. Like I said, I think the specs are awesome, but I don't need all of that, at least not now.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Verizon would cost be about 60+ more for 2 lines with everything I have now.
    I'm flying solo... and I get a 20% discount for either carrier.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

well i will not be leaving sprint for sure. I work for sprint so my phone is free with no contract and yearly upgrades. But more than likely ill get the evo 3d lol. i love my epic BUT the specs are too awesome

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    Nothing is official yet so I'm not soure yet... It looks promising but I want to wait to see what the Epic2 will look like ....

I'll be avoiding Samsung like the plague after how they handled Froyo with the Epic. Def interested in the EVO 3D, although like others purely for the specs, don't care about the 3d Aspect.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

after seeing it... again. yes.

I just joined Sprint so I'm on my 30 day trial. I saw the EVO 3D and called them up to see what I could do. They told me to cancel my account and come back when the phone is released. Sounds like a plan to me. I like the Epic but the lack of Froyo sort of strikes a nerve on what the future MAY hold and since trying SWYPE, I haven't touched the physical keyboard once. (Thought I'd hate SWYPE but love it. Go figure.)

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Probably will keep the Epic, hopefully until the next Nexus phone. As of right now I would have a very hard time buying another Samsung (non Nexus) Phone.

Can't ever go back to LCD screen.

I'll wait for the Samsung 3d phone that will be out next year with Super Duper OLED + 3Dgasm screen.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by dllb View Post
    Can't ever go back to LCD screen.

I'll wait for the Samsung 3d phone that will be out next year with Super Duper OLED + 3Dgasm screen.
    if/when that happens then ill upgrade to it. yay for yearly upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    I'll be avoiding Samsung like the plague after how they handled Froyo with the Epic. Def interested in the EVO 3D, although like others purely for the specs, don't care about the 3d Aspect.
    Here here!

If the nexus had external memory id jump on it

Not me, I have to wait for the 2 year wait time thanks to sprint.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

why do you have to wait 2 years??

i thought about jumping to the evo 3d but not impressed with the rear camera only being 5mp and its a very thick phone. after coming from my epic and it being relatively thick compared to other galaxy s, im planning on trying something thinner with no keyboard. my epic will hold me over.

Global Posts
    1,129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

i will...buying the epic was the first phone i ever used an upgrade for. i always get my phones off ebay...brand new never opened. that's how i'll be getting the evo 3d

ROM
    AOKP - Build 36

I really like my Epic, so I won't jump ship for the Evo 3D. Although it's an impressive piece of equipment, I am completely sold on the super amoled screen! I regularly compare my wife's original Evo & my Epic and can't believe the difference in screen quality.

I, like most others here, was also sick of waiting for FroYo so I rooted & flashed a custom ROM (SyndicateROM). Been running it for 3 weeks & everything's great!
    Samsung Galaxy S II - Epic 4G Touch
    - CM9 - alpha 6
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi only)
    - CM10 - Jelly Bean 4.1.1

When will it be released?
    I think i might trade in my Epic. is it even possible to trade in?

Ya know, I really thought it was cool looking and it is very intriguing. But after going to best buy yesterday and playing with the Nintendo 3DS demo they had available. As much as I'll admit the 3d was awesome, it hurt my eyes badly and that wasn't even for 30 seconds. I compare it to when you were a kid, and you asked to wear your parents or friends glasses, then it messes up your vision. I think I will wait till Xmas time to see what new phones come out then.

If it has a physical keyboard I will consider it. I am not buying any phone ever without a physical keyboard unless it can read my mind. Touchscreen keyboards are crap. all of them, end of story...

I will, without a doubt be switching to the HTC EVO 3D. For one, pretty much every aspect of the new EVO is better than the Epic, such as, (Screen QHD, Processor, 3D capability, newest Android OS, FFC 1.3MP) Not to mention that we can all expect updates, as in software updates, to come faster than it has with the Epic. The second it's released, my Epic will be retired.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast