two questions for you guys
03-21-2011 12:31 AM
- Paul627gAC Moderator All-StarScreen protector, don't use one my Epic and until recently when I got a case and holster it rolled around in my pocket with keys and coins all day long. No scratches here...
I would still stick with my Epic. I like what the Evo offers but I still like Samsungs hardware better.03-19-2011 08:16 PM
- I had a screen protector on for 6 months - up until 3days ago when my screen protector got a scratch on it some how and looked horrible so I took it off. Just gonna leave it off I guess, it feels better and is soo much trouble to put another one.
I almost never use my keyboard but still love my phone! But like someone said above, it is good to have when you need it. I like swype though. Only reason for an EVO would have been better updates, but now that I have discovered rooting and roms that doesn't even matter.03-19-2011 11:40 PM
- 03-20-2011 09:30 AM
- Haven't used a screen protector yet and no issues so far. I should note that I only keep my phone in that pocket. Keys, change, and pens go in other pockets. The only marks on my phone so far are some dings on the corners from it getting dropped a couple times, since I don't have a case on it due to the horror stories of them messing up the slider when the phone first came out.
As for going to the EVO, I don't think I would. I've poked around on a couple friend's EVOs and there really wasn't anything there that I saw that made me want to switch. I've loved having a physical keyboard since an old Samsung flip feature phone that had one. While I may not always use it, it's nice to have available. I think I'll end up being happy with my Epic as long as the dev community for it is active.03-20-2011 01:49 PM
- Used a screen protector for about 2 weeks, then removed it because they all take away from the beauty of the screen... no scratches on my screen despite several drops, scrapes and key in pocket with phone scenerios...
My wife has the Evo and while it is nice, it just isn't Epic... (HA!!) It is a good phone though. I use the hardware keyboard quite a bit, I think it is way faster than the software stuff and I like the actual "push" of the buttons...03-20-2011 01:53 PM
- I use body guardz screen protectors. As far as I'm concerned the wet installation is the easiest to get right as you can slide and adjust the film until it is right. If you can put window tint on a small flat glass, you can do this.
When you get good at it you can't tell it's there. The film covers the entire front face of the epic not just the 4" viewer so it has no edges to catch and peel.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk03-20-2011 05:20 PM
- I prefer a hardware keyboard of some type (maybe because I come from Palm Treos) for those websites where there is more data input needed - other than that I use my virtual keyboard for 90% of the things I do - its like all wheel drive in a car, you don't need it all the time, but it is handy to have when you do need it.
I use to use screen savers , but I like the naked feel, performance and looks without anything. On the other hand, I do use Phantom Skinz and have used Body Guardz more so on my wife's phone - she simply destroys phone, whereas I baby my phones.03-21-2011 12:31 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
two questions for you guys
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD