two questions for you guys

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Screen protector, don't use one my Epic and until recently when I got a case and holster it rolled around in my pocket with keys and coins all day long. No scratches here...

I would still stick with my Epic. I like what the Evo offers but I still like Samsungs hardware better.

king5697#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
InvisibleSHIELD on every phone I purchase...just makes me feel better.

Had the EVO, ditched it the moment I did a side by side of the two screens.

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Half a dozen one way on the screen protector.

As far as the keyboard, I rarely use it. But when i need one (for long emails as an example), man is it nice to have.

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a screen protector on for 6 months - up until 3days ago when my screen protector got a scratch on it some how and looked horrible so I took it off. Just gonna leave it off I guess, it feels better and is soo much trouble to put another one.

I almost never use my keyboard but still love my phone! But like someone said above, it is good to have when you need it. I like swype though. Only reason for an EVO would have been better updates, but now that I have discovered rooting and roms that doesn't even matter.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
R1. Screen protector or not? 2. If you rarely used keyboard would you keep Epic or zwitch to Evo?

I would use a screen protector. I have the invisible shield and it works great. As far as the keyboard is concerned, I don't need a physical keyboard anymore. The swype keyboard is good enough in all situations. Plus you don't have to worry about a loose slider, sticky keys, or added bulk. The EVO also has a bigger screen.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used a screen protector yet and no issues so far. I should note that I only keep my phone in that pocket. Keys, change, and pens go in other pockets. The only marks on my phone so far are some dings on the corners from it getting dropped a couple times, since I don't have a case on it due to the horror stories of them messing up the slider when the phone first came out.

As for going to the EVO, I don't think I would. I've poked around on a couple friend's EVOs and there really wasn't anything there that I saw that made me want to switch. I've loved having a physical keyboard since an old Samsung flip feature phone that had one. While I may not always use it, it's nice to have available. I think I'll end up being happy with my Epic as long as the dev community for it is active.

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Used a screen protector for about 2 weeks, then removed it because they all take away from the beauty of the screen... no scratches on my screen despite several drops, scrapes and key in pocket with phone scenerios...
My wife has the Evo and while it is nice, it just isn't Epic... (HA!!) It is a good phone though. I use the hardware keyboard quite a bit, I think it is way faster than the software stuff and I like the actual "push" of the buttons...

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector, only one hairline scratch (very faint, can't see when screen is on) and I've had this Epic since Sep. I bought my Epic for the screen, and I'd like to see it properly!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
yeah like everyone else said, if you know how to root, Samsung is the best choice because of how superior their hardware is. Though you have to get used to the plastic aesthetics...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I use body guardz screen protectors. As far as I'm concerned the wet installation is the easiest to get right as you can slide and adjust the film until it is right. If you can put window tint on a small flat glass, you can do this.

When you get good at it you can't tell it's there. The film covers the entire front face of the epic not just the 4" viewer so it has no edges to catch and peel.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I prefer a hardware keyboard of some type (maybe because I come from Palm Treos) for those websites where there is more data input needed - other than that I use my virtual keyboard for 90% of the things I do - its like all wheel drive in a car, you don't need it all the time, but it is handy to have when you do need it.

I use to use screen savers , but I like the naked feel, performance and looks without anything. On the other hand, I do use Phantom Skinz and have used Body Guardz more so on my wife's phone - she simply destroys phone, whereas I baby my phones.