List your EC05 Problems/Praise

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a very slow reaction when going to landscape and back. I did a screen calibration face down and it's much better.

the only other issued is the messaging app. It blows!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a very slow reaction when going to landscape and back. I did a screen calibration face down and it's much better.

Check out Handcent. It's much better.

I started using it because it will send MMS pics without resizing into the size of a postage stamp and then found all the other customizable goodies it offers.

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I got it at 114 am nj. Only thing negatie is that some of my market pograms no longer work. Also as I type here to you type to text is lagging quite a bit. Not sure I understand that. Gps seems to be the same as previous, not sure what enhacment they did. I am happy hwever to have flash.

Guvner

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Because it used to work so well without the extra steps. I already posted this and apparently some people didn't realize that once the dial pad was up all you used to have to do was press the magnifying glass and the keypad was up. You'd press one or two of the first letters of the name you wanted and all of the contacts with the same letter combinations started populating the screen until you typed enough to get the contact you wanted. You pressed him/her and you were on your way dialing the contact.

Why would they mess with that? Why do I want to set up a whole thing of steps to do all of this slower then I was? I can get by if I want but I'm hoping the Palm Pre 3 comes soon at this point. I've had no other issues to speak of except this stripping of functionality that will force me to leave the phone if someone gets it right. I use mine for business and make lots of calls to customers all day long. No big deal. I just am beginning to think Android is a joke. I didn't lose anything in the way of data, contacts or notes on the upgrade. Just functionality. And still no one else had even acted like they even used this as a phone. It's great that it's a smartphone and I get great access to the web and all of that but it didn't need to worsen the phone side of it.

G..

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update to EC05 and noticed that the alarm clock app is missing. I click on the shortcut and it says "application is not installed on your phone."

I noticed that the clock app has a place to set an alarm, not sure if it always did or if this replaced the alarm clock app. I've only had my Epic for about a month so there is still a lot I don't know about it.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Same here, my phone used to flip almost as fast as I rotated it. Now it's slow and I performed the calibration and it's still slow.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here, my phone used to flip almost as fast as I rotated it. Now it's slow and I performed the calibration and it's still slow.

Did you try the calibration screen side down or screen side up? It makes a differance. I did the calibration screen up and it didn't do anything. It made a big difference when I did it with the screen facing down. At least it did for my phone.

Reactions: CDEggebrecht

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the manual update to EC05 and noticed that the alarm clock app is missing. I click on the shortcut and it says "application is not installed on your phone."

I noticed that the clock app has a place to set an alarm, not sure if it always did or if this replaced the alarm clock app. I've only had my Epic for about a month so there is still a lot I don't know about it.

Yes, the clock app replaced it.

Reactions: Trekker

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the calibration screen side down or screen side up? It makes a differance. I did the calibration screen up and it didn't do anything. It made a big difference when I did it with the screen facing down. At least it did for my phone.

Up...I'll try it down and see what happens.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Check out Handcent. It's much better.

I started using it because it will send MMS pics without resizing into the size of a postage stamp and then found all the other customizable goodies it offers.

I have had Handcent for a while now and like many of it's uses (which is why I haven't uninstalled it), but I still like Eclair's stock messaging app better than any other I've seen. I

yankeesmed

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Because it used to work so well without the extra steps. I already posted this and apparently some people didn't realize that once the dial pad was up all you used to have to do was press the magnifying glass and the keypad was up. You'd press one or two of the first letters of the name you wanted and all of the contacts with the same letter combinations started populating the screen until you typed enough to get the contact you wanted. You pressed him/her and you were on your way dialing the contact.

Why would they mess with that? Why do I want to set up a whole thing of steps to do all of this slower then I was? I can get by if I want but I'm hoping the Palm Pre 3 comes soon at this point. I've had no other issues to speak of except this stripping of functionality that will force me to leave the phone if someone gets it right. I use mine for business and make lots of calls to customers all day long. No big deal. I just am beginning to think Android is a joke. I didn't lose anything in the way of data, contacts or notes on the upgrade. Just functionality. And still no one else had even acted like they even used this as a phone. It's great that it's a smartphone and I get great access to the web and all of that but it didn't need to worsen the phone side of it.

G..

Dude, all you need to do is use the dialpad to type the letters of the person's name. Use 1 for abc 2 def, etc. You should have been doing that from the get go anyway. Bringing up a keyboard was an unneccessary step. The phone predicts which contact you are trying to call after a few numbers pressed.

yankeesmed

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Wow!! What an amazing difference!! Thank you so much! You just cut my rotation time by like 1.25 seconds!

yankeesmed

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Two more differences I found:

Good: this one is really great. Now when you are on a call but away from the call screen, the notification bar is green and you can end your call from notifications whereas you used to have to open the call again.

Bad: as people have mentioned, now the call log for some ASSININE reason shows messages in the log. And there is NO option for just "all calls." This is probably the stupidest change I have seen a phone company make.

To fix it I downloaded dialer one. Works like a charm. And it has left handed mode.

sgtboost

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ec05 changed my default sms and email notification sounds to something that sounds like a spa rain forrest track. I don't even know where the sound is on my phone....very odd.

Guvner

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude, all you need to do is use the dialpad to type the letters of the person's name. Use 1 for abc 2 def, etc. You should have been doing that from the get go anyway. Bringing up a keyboard was an unneccessary step. The phone predicts which contact you are trying to call after a few numbers pressed.

That improves it greatly if I can learn to read without readers when in my truck or just memorize what letters are with which numbers. So I shouldn't have been doing this all along anyway Mr. Expert. Your eyes will get like mine sooner or later. Look for lights in basements to start to look dim in your early 40's. :) First sign of impending problems reading extra tiny print on your phone.

I'm not sure if this is a sacred cow or something as no one seems to see anything wrong with screwing up the operator interface. I do appreciate the input but at 57 years of age I hate having to get readers for everything including what name just popped up in the tiny dialog box. It was better before and I'll move on once someone gets it right again.

Thanks... G..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance