Lost "My Calendar" Entries with Froyo Upgrade

ezekielvictor

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have to say so far I am very displeased with Froyo. Sure, I have a fancy new alarm clock and changed graphics, but it takes even longer to start my phone now and 80% of the time when I turn the screen on, it's flipped incorrectly to the side. Anyway, NOT the point of this thread and prob not a good "new member" post. Sorry, needed to vent.

Simply put, after I upgraded, I lost all my "My Calendar" entries. Most of my entries were on Google calendar and they're OK, but a handful of important entries were on My Calendar. I put them there because they were relatively short term (one week, 2 weeks away). I would rather default everything to Google calendar but hey that's not a feature!!! Also, it's an added feature in Froyo but alas it doesn't work. ;)

When this happened, I immediately backed up all existing files on the SD card, then I ran two data recovery programs and recovered 2 sets of deleted files on the SD card as well. Maybe My Neglected Calendar is in there?

So my question is: Do you know of a way for me to recover these now invisible (deleted? *gulp*) calendar entries?

Also, how do I browse, back up, or file recovery on the internal memory of the phone? I wanted to do that because I figured the calendar could be there, but I couldn't find a way.

Thanks,
Zeke

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my wife texted me and lmk that she got the update on her Epic, said she lost all her ringer settings, some other custom settings (which if I remember correctly I lost no settings when I updated my EVO to Froyo) she also said her alarm clock doesnt work. Ill check it out tonight when I get home from work

ezekielvictor

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I definitely lost more than My Calendar. Ringer settings and alarm settings are all gone, for starters, not that I was very worried about that...

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had lost my cal also (work cal via Outlook Exchange), but then digging around I "recovered" with:

Cal app > Settings > Default calendar

Hope this helps

cheers/dom

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If the above doesn't work, open:
settings--applications--manage applications--all-Calendar Storage-- clear

then go back into the calendar and select your calendars again.

ezekielvictor

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Cal app > Settings > Default calendar

Yeah, this didn't work. I tried this first thing.

settings--applications--manage applications--all-Calendar Storage-- clear

Wait, so you want me to clear the calendar data? Are you sure that's going to help me bring back my calendar data? I see an entry for Calendar that has 12 kB, and an entry for Calendar Data which has 138 kB (looks promising).

But yeah, I'm trying to confirm here: You want me to clear that 138 kB Calendar Data?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this didn't work. I tried this first thing.

Wait, so you want me to clear the calendar data? Are you sure that's going to help me bring back my calendar data? I see an entry for Calendar that has 12 kB, and an entry for Calendar Data which has 138 kB (looks promising).

But yeah, I'm trying to confirm here: You want me to clear that 138 kB Calendar Data?

Yes, as long as its synced with google servers, they will come back. Promise. Its a well documented issue. Happened to me and my gf and we can now see each other's calendars.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I have to say so far I am very displeased with Froyo. Sure, I have a fancy new alarm clock and changed graphics, but it takes even longer to start my phone now and 80% of the time when I turn the screen on, it's flipped incorrectly to the side. Anyway, NOT the point of this thread and prob not a good "new member" post. Sorry, needed to vent.

Simply put, after I upgraded, I lost all my "My Calendar" entries. Most of my entries were on Google calendar and they're OK, but a handful of important entries were on My Calendar. I put them there because they were relatively short term (one week, 2 weeks away). I would rather default everything to Google calendar but hey that's not a feature!!! Also, it's an added feature in Froyo but alas it doesn't work. ;)

When this happened, I immediately backed up all existing files on the SD card, then I ran two data recovery programs and recovered 2 sets of deleted files on the SD card as well. Maybe My Neglected Calendar is in there?

So my question is: Do you know of a way for me to recover these now invisible (deleted? *gulp*) calendar entries?

Also, how do I browse, back up, or file recovery on the internal memory of the phone? I wanted to do that because I figured the calendar could be there, but I couldn't find a way.

Thanks,
Zeke

FYI, to fix your other issue with the screen being sideways, you can try laying the phone on a flat surface and calibrating the g-sensor in settings-display. if you wanted to try custom ROMs, EXT4 ROMs boot and run better than the RFS from stock.

ezekielvictor

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
FYI, to fix your other issue with the screen being sideways, you can try laying the phone on a flat surface and calibrating the g-sensor in settings-display.

Nice, that looks promising for the sideways issue. Thanks. :)

if you wanted to try custom ROMs, EXT4 ROMs boot and run better than the RFS from stock.

What are ROMs?

Could you possibly tell me where the My Calendar data exists and how to retrieve it? I'm talking binary data, whatever; it's OK. If I can find it or back it up, I'll be happy. I just want it back. I'll be able to decode it. ;)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice, that looks promising for the sideways issue. Thanks. :)

What are ROMs?

Could you possibly tell me where the My Calendar data exists and how to retrieve it? I'm talking binary data, whatever; it's OK. If I can find it or back it up, I'll be happy. I just want it back. I'll be able to decode it. ;)

I have no idea where the My Calendar data is (sorry). I'm sure its somewhere on the SD Card in /Cache, but where and how to extract it I have no clue. For ROM information, check out the Rooting and ROM section above. Lots of added features, removed bloat and EXT4 awesomeness. I wasn't impressed with midNIGHT and Bonsai 4.0 which are based off of EC05. I am impressed with ViperROM and the 1.2Ghz overclock (you would need setpcu available in the market or free on XDA). Soon ViperROM will be updated to EC05.