Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Default Why the fuss over Sprint ID?

I read many complaints about Sprint ID as if you were forced to use it but now that I have it I don't get what the fuss was about. This thing is actually useful and works perfect. Nothing like I thought it would be from reading the forums. Best of all you don't have to use it.
    Last edited by jamex; 03-26-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mzengr 

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

I think it has been updated from what they said it was going to be. I think the original version was going to be worse
    Rom - ACE v1.7
    Theme - TER Mini Theme v1.8
    Kernel - Genocide v.03a

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    I read many complaints about Sprint ID as if you were forced to use it but now that I have it I don't get what the fuss was about. This thing is actually useful and works perfect. Nothing like I thought it would be from reading the forums. Best of all you don't have to use it.
    I was thinking the same thing... I personally probably will not use it at all outside of fooling around with it, but I definately do not find it intrusive or difficult to get rid of..

Agreed. I installed ID clean and i has been fine.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

I haven't updated to EC05 yet; is Sprint ID able to be removed completely from the phone?

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrz5024 View Post
    I haven't updated to EC05 yet; is Sprint ID able to be removed completely from the phone?
    Its like an APP, it has no effect unless you access it. None whatsoever.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    People had no idea what it was so they made stuff up, their worst fear I suppose.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

It's like 350KB and you don't have to use it.
    Retired Ambassador

Only if you root.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    Its like an APP, it has no effect unless you access it. None whatsoever.
    Many apps have background processes that run continuously whether or not you access them. Ever notice Asphalt HD starting in the background all the time? That's what concerns me with Sprint ID.

My only problem with Sprint iD is that someone from Sprint thought I would want to change my iD more than I would want to access the web with my smartphone...silly decision.

I used it for a day, had a little fun with it and went back to LauncherPro because of it's flexibility.

It does not run in the background for those concerned.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

I think the program is useful for the average Android user. It's easy to use, easy to switch ID's, and gives you new ring tones / wallpapers etc. I have mentioned before, my mother and father in-laws are Android users and I can see Spring ID helping them get more use out of their phones.

The good thing is we are not forced to use this. I tried it, downloaded several ID's and noticed things running in the background I didn't want running at the moment. I quickly realized I have my phone set perfect for me without the need for Sprint ID. I was able to uninstall everything easily.

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

Many apps have background processes that run continuously whether or not you access them. Ever notice Asphalt HD starting in the background all the time? That's what concerns me with Sprint ID.
    I agree with you. If you use it or not it will be in your phone using energy. I will not get EC05. I will a custom rom base on EC05 instead.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

It's on my phone, but I have no idea what it is, so I haven't even used it. I like my phone the way it is.

Mike
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
    My only problem with Sprint iD is that someone from Sprint thought I would want to change my iD more than I would want to access the web with my smartphone...silly decision.

I used it for a day, had a little fun with it and went back to LauncherPro because of it's flexibility.

It does not run in the background for those concerned.
    Yea. What's up with that. Is there any way to get rid of that? It even effects the stock launcher which I would like to use but now won't because of that.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

So I checked out the Sprint ID. It's not bad but now every time I press the home key, it takes me out of ADW Launcher and back into Sprint ID. Anyway to to stop that behavior short of rooting and deleting Sprint ID?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    I think the program is useful for the average Android user. It's easy to use, easy to switch ID's, and gives you new ring tones / wallpapers etc. I have mentioned before, my mother and father in-laws are Android users and I can see Spring ID helping them get more use out of their phones.

The good thing is we are not forced to use this. I tried it, downloaded several ID's and noticed things running in the background I didn't want running at the moment. I quickly realized I have my phone set perfect for me without the need for Sprint ID. I was able to uninstall everything easily.
    Are you using the stock Touch Whiz?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nfogg View Post
    So I checked out the Sprint ID. It's not bad but now every time I press the home key, it takes me out of ADW Launcher and back into Sprint ID. Anyway to to stop that behavior short of rooting and deleting Sprint ID?
    Nevermind. I found it. I had to clear the default launcher that was set by Sprint ID. Life is good again
    Thanked by:
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Does anyone else experience this when using the stock launcher:

Live wallpaper freezes (reboot fixed this)

And the I can't delete images from the gallery. I rebooted several times. It just freezes up and never does anything. I switches back to tw and it worked fine.

I don't really like anything that I don't use to be on my phone. That's the reason for my fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    And the I can't delete images from the gallery. I rebooted several times. It just freezes up and never does anything.
    I had that problem. Using My Files I went into DCIM/.thumbnails and erased the contents of the folder. It's been fine since.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Forgive my dumbness but I just got the Epic last weekend, what is Sprint ID? What does it do?

^^ Sprint ID? Wow, this is new to me too.

I have to see what does this do. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Orion72 View Post
    Forgive my dumbness but I just got the Epic last weekend, what is Sprint ID? What does it do?
    In a nutshell, Sprint ID is device customization tool, for screens and apps......

Quote Originally Posted by nfogg View Post

Yes there is. You have to reset your defaults. Get Home Switcher for Froyo, then use that to go back and forth to choose your launchers. Within the app disable your default launcher, which will be Sprint ID, and set ADW Launcher as your default. Bada bing, bada boom.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast