Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what happened to my battery?

ok, went to an indoor waterpark (kalahari) this weekend, my phone was on 86%, left the phone on in locker (but in sleep mode)...went to check messages like 5-6hrs later and the phone was on 24% i was like wtf???? i didnt even use it...how could the battery drain like that? even during the work day my phone doesnt drain that quickly....

Maybe it had bad signal in the locker. It was probably searching for a connection the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by scrufton View Post
    Maybe it had bad signal in the locker. It was probably searching for a connection the whole time.
    This. You should have turned it off or put it in airplane mode. I've found that bad signal is the NUMBER ONE killer of the battery.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

+1 on Airplane Mode. Since you wont have it on your person no need to have it searching for a signal.

You will save lots of battery..
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Very true! Whenever I go underground using the train here in NYC, I always turn on airplane mode or else the phone begins to search for signal when it loses it. If I don't use airplane mode, I usually have a very depleted battery once I get out of the subway system.

I was at Kalahari in Ohio last tuesday, sat by the wavepool, and facebooked for like 6 hours on the hotel wi-fi. Of course I also have an extended battery which helps....hope you had fun, I did!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDAA View Post
    I was at Kalahari in Ohio last tuesday, sat by the wavepool, and facebooked for like 6 hours on the hotel wi-fi. Of course I also have an extended battery which helps....hope you had fun, I did!
    we had a BLAST at kalahari!!! re: the airplane mode, will do! headed to ny on thursday and will be on the subway, will give it a whirl then!! thanks guys for your responses!