Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Deal on Epic At Radio Shack

    Just thought I would let those people who are considering the Epic know that Radio Shack is currently running a special deal on the Epic. If you are eligible for an upgrade (4/1/11 for me!) the phone is $199.99 plus you can get an extra $100 off by trading in ANY working cell phone. I called my local store to confirm this. As long as the phone you are trading in powers on and is not damaged (i.e. cracked screen), they will give you $100 off the Epic. That makes the final price $99.99 with upgrade and seals the deal for me. Friday can't come fast enough!
  2. #2  

    Default

    Thats a great idea, i think everybody should take advantage of that and take your nice slightly older phones in for a 100 trade in. Sure beats the hastle of selling on craigs list or ebay.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  3. #3  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goonteka View Post
    Just thought I would let those people who are considering the Epic know that Radio Shack is currently running a special deal on the Epic. If you are eligible for an upgrade (4/1/11 for me!) the phone is $199.99 plus you can get an extra $100 off by trading in ANY working cell phone. I called my local store to confirm this. As long as the phone you are trading in powers on and is not damaged (i.e. cracked screen), they will give you $100 off the Epic. That makes the final price $99.99 with upgrade and seals the deal for me. Friday can't come fast enough!

    your elgible for an upgrade on 4/1/11? you know youll lose that upgrade right?
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
  4. #4  

    Default

    From what I understand, if you're eligible you're eligible. It won't change until you use it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    I called Sprint, and they were willing to reset my upgrade, so I can get it today. Not sure how they will handle this change over, but I wasn't taking any chances!
  6. #6  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    From what I understand, if you're eligible you're eligible. It won't change until you use it.
    Only if ur on an $89.99 or higher plan

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
  7. #7  
    SandersJC1964's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

    Default

    How long is this deal going to be going on?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Sale ends I think on 4/2. Got mine today! This phone is awesome! Don't hardly know where to begin setting it up.
  9. #9  
    tomy2001's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    Only if ur on an $89.99 or higher plan

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    I heard if they gave you the upgrade they can not revome for this year. My wife has her upgrade for being a premier costumer on June. She will not get more upgrades of one year because she is in family plan of $129.99 in order to keep with this one year upgrade she has to move up to $169.99 or more for a fammily plan. I understand. When she knew about the new policy that Sprint is about to enforce as of 04/01/2011. She called Sprint to find out what was the policy since she is eligible on 06/01/2011.
  10. #10  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Yea $89.99 for single lines, $169.99 for family. Im tempted to just use my upgrade today. But I figure since evo 3D comes out this summer, ill just make sure to change my plan to "gold" status 3 months prior. That why Ill qualify for my original yearly upgrade date

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
  11. #11  
    tomy2001's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    Yea $89.99 for single lines, $169.99 for family. Im tempted to just use my upgrade today. But I figure since evo 3D comes out this summer, ill just make sure to change my plan to "gold" status 3 months prior. That why Ill qualify for my original yearly upgrade date

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    That is a good idea!!!
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    Only if ur on an $89.99 or higher plan

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    But if you are already eligible for an upgrade before 4/1/2011, you will continue to be eligible after that date despite the changes. It's once you use that upgrade that you won't be able to upgrade again for 2 years.
  13. #13  

    Default

    i work at a coporate store and its been explained to me that tomorrow it will be reset to 22 months from your last upgrade. So we will find out tomorrow for sure.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Weird. Yea we will. I asked my friend that works at a corporate store as well and they told me what I mentioned above. We'll see.
  15. #15  
    mzengr's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo EC05

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    From what I understand, if you're eligible you're eligible. It won't change until you use it.
    My upgrade date is 4/1/11 also. I contacted Sprint and was told my date would remain the same.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Hey there!
    twitter.com/firstborn80 :rolleyes:
  16. #16  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    My upgrade is 1/1/2011. And they told me I will lose it unless I upgrade by today, I will go back to 22 months instead of 12 months.

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
  17. #17  

    Default

    ive only checked one but it was reset....anyone else?
  18. #18  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    As of 12:30 pm central time, i still have my upgrade

    Sent from my pretty dang fast Epic.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4
  19. #19  
    inkdup102586's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    ............and today it is gone
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

Posting Permissions

B