1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Default amazon cloud palyer for android

Has anyone tried this out?

Any issues or is it a good feature? Once music purchased from Amazon MP3 is stored on Amazons cloud player can those Music files be copied to personal Computer or portable media drive?
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Yes to all of your questions. I really like the features and have had no issues.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    Yes to all of your questions. I really like the features and have had no issues.
    Thnx added for reply ..
    I just downloaded the installer and have tested it successfully, work fine loving this...
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy Nex

Ya it's pretty slick. And any music you buy and store on the cloud doesn't count against your 5GB free space, they store it for free. I just hope the music industry shuts up about it.

Just seems like another way to take your content out of your control. Maybe I'm just old school but I prefer to have my content local..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Any music that you've uploaded or bought can be downloaded through the service so you can store it locally on your device. I bought the new album by The Strokes for $9.99 and got upgraded to the 20gb plan for the next year. It's great!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
    Just seems like another way to take your content out of your control. Maybe I'm just old school but I prefer to have my content local..

I don't understand what you mean. The content is never out of your control. You never lose the content you purchase.

If you buy music and it is on your clouddrive, you can download it to either your phone or your computer anytime you want.

The clouddrive is there as a backup so that you don't clog up your phone's SD Card with music. However you can download any song you want at any time.

It's fantastic because it makes me not care about phones with high GB drives. Just stream from the cloud
    Retired Ambassador

While streaming is fine for many, I still live in podunk usa. There are still many areas in town I not only lose 4g but 3g as well. Even with a decent 3g connection I have plenty of lag issues when streaming music and especially video. That's why I deleted pandora and bought a 32gb sd card.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I wonder when Google is finally to open their cloud storage since I hear people are finding ways to unlock it already.

Meanwhile, I'm going to look into Amazon's.

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    While streaming is fine for many, I still live in podunk usa. There are still many areas in town I not only lose 4g but 3g as well. Even with a decent 3g connection I have plenty of lag issues when streaming music and especially video. That's why I deleted pandora and bought a 32gb sd card.

I know. I use Amazon mp3 so I think it's an awesome feature. Unfortunately, most of the time I listen to music on my phone is at work and the reception in this building is so so. I mean, I'm capable of getting data just fine, but I don't think it's up to par for streaming music. It's such a struggle to stream music that it's a battery hog here. I prefer to have my stuff stored locally too.

Still rockin' my 16GB SD card though. Might have to do like you did and go with the bigger Gee Bees.

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

The only problem is that uploading takes forever.

I like it. I do have my music on my PC and SD card, but it will be nice in the future with new devices or PCs not having to copy stuff over. Also, no worries if a hard drive dies or a cell phone falls in the water. I have only 4 gigs of music anyways, so the price is right.