1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car charger max output for Epic?

I just picked up the Epic today and have not been able to find any documentation for the recommended output for a car charger. I moved from a Palm Pre, and have a Sprint charger outputting 5V/0.85a .
    Is it OK to use with the Epic?

And if anyone has a recommendation on a good case I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    I just picked up the Epic today and have not been able to find any documentation for the recommended output for a car charger. I moved from a Palm Pre, and have a Sprint charger outputting 5V/0.85a .
    Is it OK to use with the Epic?

And if anyone has a recommendation on a good case I'd love to hear it.
    Definitely ok to use. I moved from a Pre too and I use all my Pre chargers for the Epic. Works just fine. The only thing I wish the Epic would charge with is the Palm Touchstone

As far as the case goes, I use the hardshell SEIDIO "Innocase". It's very durable and has a good finish
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post

As far as the case goes, I use the hardshell SEIDIO "Innocase". It's very durable and has a good finish
    Thanks. You're right about the Touchstone!

Seidio shows 2 different hard cases, one is the 'Active X' and the other is the 'Surface'. Do you remember which one you got? Do you also use one of their holsters with it?

I have both the Active X and the Surface case, as well as holsters for both. They are both great, with the Active X case being thicker, but not by much. The holster for the Active X does seem more durable. I purchased the Active case for my job, just to get a little more protection for my phone. The only downside to the Active case is removing it. If you need to get to your SD card or battery, taking the rear cover off can be tricky. I have already broken one of the prongs in the back removing it. It still secures to the phone though. If you don't need the extra thick case, I would just go with the Surface combo. It is a great product.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your thoughts, I think I'll go with the Surface combo.