Notification volumes

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Quick Settings to adjust the volume of the ringer, notifications, etc. I have the notification volume up to 7/7 using this. However, this is not what I get.

When I test the settings, the volume is really what I would like it to be. Put the device in the leather holster, and the notification volume from Handcent and Gmail is seemingly much lower...at least significantly lower than the phone ringer volume.

Has anyone else experienced this?

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it the same volume as when it's out of the holster? Leather is an excellent sound absorber. :)

Other than that, the only thing I could think of is to verify that in the regular settings of the device that the notification volume is turned all the way up.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Quick Settings to adjust the volume of the ringer, notifications, etc. I have the notification volume up to 7/7 using this. However, this is not what I get.

When I test the settings, the volume is really what I would like it to be. Put the device in the leather holster, and the notification volume from Handcent and Gmail is seemingly much lower...at least significantly lower than the phone ringer volume.

Has anyone else experienced this?

In the volume control part of Quick Settings, did you tick the Use Ringer volume for Notifications box? This will force notifications to use ringer volume.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22