I need to Flash my phone for Virgin Mobile

andreaundead

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
After a ton of phone calls, I got a CS Rep to activate my Epic 4g on VM. Now all I need is help getting it flashed. Can anyone help me do this?

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
what exactly do you need help with? do you have text and voice? its hard to do data without knowing the AAA and HA and correct usename and password..

jeffecor

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
flashing the samsung galaxy s epric to virgin mobile need help

I have the samsumg intercept (virgin mobile) I want to clone the phone it to the samsung epic 4g (sprint) i need step by step how to do it. I can't get cdma workshop to work right on my windows 7 computers... help please

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: flashing the samsung galaxy s epric to virgin mobile need hel

For what it's worth, Samsung uses and encrypted ESN setup, and this limitation is listed right on the page for cdma workshop. I don't think you're going to clone it over that easilly even if you do get the phone connected to workshop.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: flashing the samsung galaxy s epric to virgin mobile need hel

Perhaps you can contact the seller to see how they managed to switch it over, or even working out a trade of your Sprint one with the sellers VM Mobile modified one. Cloning the ESN from another phone is not a good thing unless you are in possession of both the source and destination devices. (if sell still has origional phone with same esn, they can intercept calls made to your line, as "YOUR" phone will be in two places at one time. From reading up on the limitations of CDMA Workshop, Samsung smartphones are difficult to work with, most using an encrypted esn, or presenting a fake esn that can be change, but doesn't report the change to the cell service.

Either way, It's something that you're not likely to get assistance on, short of going into the dark corners of the internet, or contacting the developers of CDMA Workshop directly for assistance on getting their software to work for you.

Aerie

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Flashing to VM is a bit tricky. Going to Boost is a lot easier. Going to Verizon is even easier, but you'll lose 3G data.

I don't know what the above poster was talking about. Samsung phones are by far the easiest phones to work with in CDMA Workshop and QPST. If they are on Verizon they are even easier as the default SPC code is 000000 to unlock the edit mode. Either way though every single Samsung phone uses the same password to unlock on Verizon.

For Sprint you can go to http://activate.sprintpcs.com and select a previously activated phone, enter in your ESN and it will give you the MSL. If you select new phone it will give you the SPC. Try using an SPC of 000000 first though in CDMA Workshop. You'll need an older version and chances are you'll need to run it in WinXP mode.

Having said all of this... VM will probably catch on really quick. Getting the three network logins from your current VM phone is a hassle as well. You should change the MIN as well as the ESN and the network logins to try to not set off any alarms in VM activation server.

Going to Boost is easy peasy though. They don't care what phone you use really. All you have to do is change the ESN though I would do the MIN as well. Dial up to their activation line and it should reset your phone network logins and such.

Again, I recommend doing all of this with Samsung phones as they are the easiest to do. Motorola, LG, and Kyocera are more difficult. Motorola can be easy depending on the phone though.

amanda41943420

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded vmware and having a problem putting cdma workshop on it because its visual machine. How can I put it on there without giving me problems?Please let me know

Cbeautiful20

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So can you flash a samsung galaxy s2 throug virgin mobile to boost mobile? If so what are the steps and please give me links to what i have to download.. need asap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol