Folder shortcut

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyway to add a shortcut to a specific file folder?

I know you can add folders to the homescreen, but they appear to pre-programmed folders (new folder, contacts, facebook, pandora, etc.).

I have a folder on my SD card with a bunch of PDFs; I want a shortcut on my homescreen.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Anyway to add a shortcut to a specific file folder?

I know you can add folders to the homescreen, but they appear to pre-programmed folders (new folder, contacts, facebook, pandora, etc.).

I have a folder on my SD card with a bunch of PDFs; I want a shortcut on my homescreen.

Very easy do a folder shortcut from your card to a home screen with ES File Explorer. Just migrate to a folder, tap and hold on the folder, then select Shortcut from the pop up menu....

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Very easy do a folder shortcut from your card to a home screen with ES File Explorer. Just migrate to a folder, tap and hold on the folder, then select Shortcut from the pop up menu....

Thanks.

I did try this, both with ES File Explorer as well as Adao. After selecting the Shortcut option, it just seemed to do nothing. I guess I can try Astro.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks.

I did try this, both with ES File Explorer as well as Adao. After selecting the Shortcut option, it just seemed to do nothing. I guess I can try Astro.

Possible user error. Can you elaborate on what you did with ES File Explorer, and why it did not work for you? Did you have an open spot on your Home screen for the folder shortcut?

Edit...
Here are shots of my cards root directory folders in ES File Explorer, and a shot of the same folders on a Home screen.

snap20110410_181347.png

snap20110410_181513.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae